3800 low-mount alternator brackets spy pics

This is a place for vendors to showcase their products.
Sinister Fiero

3800 low-mount alternator brackets spy pics

Post by Sinister Fiero »

I would like to guage interest in these custom brackets I am considering making for mail-order. I recently made a set for a "mail order" customer besides the one shown above that is for my latest swap.

These mounts are built from mild steel and allow you to use the stock alternator that comes on the 99-up 3800 SC and n/a engines. There are two brackets, and they are designed to work with 4T60-E and 4T65-E transmissions only. I plan on releasing a version that is compatible with the Fiero manual transmission.

Basically I have 3 hours in making these brackets so I am charging $150 per set. I have seen other brackets on the market that are made from the 3800 and Fiero alternator brackets but must be used with the stock Fiero alternator. Personally, I don't like this design because you are forced to use the old-technology Fiero alternator and you have to make modifications to the heater hose circuits in order to use it. Depending on what you did with the heater hose return to the water pump, you might have to unhook the heater hose any time you wanted to change out the serpentine belt.

With my bracket you can retain the stock 3800 tensioner bracket and use it's heater hose passages as intended which means you don't have to disturb the cooling system to change or replace the belt. I also like the newer GM alternators because they are much more reliable than what the Fiero EVER came with plus they are more effecient.

Just an idea and I would like some opinions.
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED
Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions | www.gmtuners.com
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

if i was doing a 3800, i'd be down.. but no plans to do so atm