How NOT to post here

This is a place for vendors to showcase their products.
eHoward
Banned

How NOT to post here

Post by eHoward »

If you have an arguement with a vendor, take it somewhere else. You can PM Shaun, me or make a post in Non-Tech about it.

I will start disabling posting privs for this forum if I have to.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

So it must be right, and OK'ed by this forum, to sell a product that costs over 15 TIMES what a funcionally identical product would?

I'm cool with people advertising and stuff, but I thought the whole point of this forum was to avoid bullshit. It is just like V8Archie charging some $4000 for a piece of aluminum and an engine mount. Sorry, it includes a video as well..
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

This is not the place to suggest alternatives.

Vendors post about their products. People who have experience with those products post back. Those who don't have experience shut the fuck up.

Just like the early days of Ferrari... the cars didn't have badges. Anyone who didn't already know what it was without needing a badge to identify it was so far out of the loop that his opinion just didn't matter.
Last edited by The Dark Side of Will on Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

So you can get a billet TB for 20 bucks.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

SappySE107 wrote:So you can get a billet TB for 20 bucks.
Did you even read my post?

I'll put it in big fucking pretty letters for you.

funcionally identical

Did you get that dysfuckinglexic? Please tell me how your's will function ANY better than a LS1 throttle body, a LQ1 throttle body, or any other typical unit.

Furthermore, I think it is good if the members can offer feedback and discussion on the item. It will allow newcomers different opinions before they drop $300 on an item that'd work the same as a $20 piece.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

SappySE107 wrote:So you can get a billet TB for 20 bucks.
If a milled square piece of cast iron with a hole drilled in it is a "billet" TB you might be able to make one for that much..
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

aaron wrote:Did you get that dysfuckinglexic? Please tell me how your's will function ANY better than a LS1 throttle body, a LQ1 throttle body, or any other typical unit.
Aaron.. aftermarket billet LS1 throttle bodies are over $300..
The function of billet TBs rather than cast ones is precision and trick looks. Yes, cast is ugly. Yes, cast is less precise than fully machined billet. Maybe it doesn't matter to you but you aren't the only person in the world.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Series8217 wrote: aaron.. aftermarket billet LS1 throttle bodies are over $300..
The function of billet TBs rather than cast ones is precision and trick looks. Yes, cast is ugly. Yes, cast is less precise than fully machined billet. Maybe it doesn't matter to you but you aren't the only person in the world.
The only advantage is the plate to bore seal. Is this really that important? No. That is why we have IAC's, to regulate the engine's airflow at idle.

Ok they look better. Maybe. Personally I could polish up any old throttle body and make it look good. I think the LS1 TB on my old 3.4 looked badass.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Those who don't have experience shut the fuck up.
If you want to critique it, buy one.

Maybe somebody doesn't have your awesome fab skills or doesn't want to hack and adapter plate out of particle board. Maybe someone has the money and is willing to spend it on something that JUST WORKS.
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Considering your LS1 TB had a vacuum leak the size of dime, I don't care what you think aaron. Do those TBs you mentioned bolt right up to a 3100/3400? Nope. They don't bolt right up to a 3500 either. There goes your big pretty letters that formed a word that wasn't relevant to anything with the throttlebodies that I sell.

If you don't want one, don't buy one. Don't shit on something that TCE made just cause you wanna piss all over anything that I deal with.

RSM sells a bored over stock TB (62mm) for 400. Go bitch at them if you wanna talk shit about pricing. Domesticperformance was selling a billet TB for 450 I believe. My pricing is very reasonable. You can't have one made for less as a 1 off unless you steal someone elses cad file to have them cut, or you do it all yourself. Marc, the owner of TCE spent quite a bit of time on these and the finished product looks amazing IMO.

I hope someone cleans this thread up cause its not doing anyone any good.
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

Dude, what did you expect? aaron is allowed to fling shit like a hyperactive monkey with diarrhea around here without any repercussions. No thread goes untouched by his stench. Until the realiztion comes that just like some people need killing, some people need banning, the shit is going to keep going on.

BTW, happy Valentine's day, Peaches.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

jstillwell wrote:Dude, what did you expect? aaron is allowed to fling shit like a hyperactive monkey with diarrhea around here without any repercussions. No thread goes untouched by his stench. Until the realiztion comes that just like some people need killing, some people need banning, the shit is going to keep going on.
I agree..
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

You know I agree.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: Maybe somebody doesn't have your awesome fab skills or doesn't want to hack and adapter plate out of particle board. Maybe someone has the money and is willing to spend it on something that JUST WORKS.
particle board? Try laser cut aluminum flanges 1/2" thick and polished aluminum mandrel bent piping.

It doesn't just work. First you need to swap over your throttle blade, and all the linkage, buy a new IAC (Or for some fucked up reason use your old one), and reinstall the TPS.
Considering your LS1 TB had a vacuum leak the size of dime, I don't care what you think aaron. Do those TBs you mentioned bolt right up to a 3100/3400? Nope. They don't bolt right up to a 3500 either. There goes your big pretty letters that formed a word that wasn't relevant to anything with the throttlebodies that I sell.

If you don't want one, don't buy one. Don't shit on something that TCE made just cause you wanna piss all over anything that I deal with.

RSM sells a bored over stock TB (62mm) for 400. Go bitch at them if you wanna talk shit about pricing. Domesticperformance was selling a billet TB for 450 I believe. My pricing is very reasonable. You can't have one made for less as a 1 off unless you steal someone elses cad file to have them cut, or you do it all yourself. Marc, the owner of TCE spent quite a bit of time on these and the finished product looks amazing IMO.

I hope someone cleans this thread up cause its not doing anyone any good.
The size of a dime? Really? a 5/8" diameter hole on my Z34's UIM moved the idle to just north of 3000rpm. Odd, after the intake swap it idled right at 1000rpm. Those TBs I mentioned will bolt right up with a $20 adapter plate.

I'm not shitting on the product, it looks like it is a well-built piece. But that doesn't mean it is a cost effective way to get a larger throttle bore.

RSM isn't posting here first of all, and secondly, i'm not exactly a fan of RSM either.

Stimpy, I don't post in half the threads here.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

Post something about it in tech.

If someone is going to do research before they buy, they'll do a search and take your advice if they choose to.

If someone was commiting fraud, we would stop them from posting, but they're not. He's offering a product to the community. No one is making anyone buy the product. I think you should thank him because having a healthy aftermarket is a good thing.

aaron wrote:So it must be right, and OK'ed by this forum, to sell a product that costs over 15 TIMES what a funcionally identical product would?

I'm cool with people advertising and stuff, but I thought the whole point of this forum was to avoid bullshit. It is just like V8Archie charging some $4000 for a peice of aluminum and an engine mount. Sorry, it includes a video as well..