Lowlux's ultimate thread on multiple car problems!!!

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Atilla the Fun

Re: Ecotec...

Post by Atilla the Fun »

there are a couple of good build threads on Old Europe, ask your Ecotec questions to the guys who have done it. Yes, some Ecotecs can be built to make big power, but not enough for 600 wheel HP on pump gas. You're on race gas to equal my twin turbo LS6. And that's after you spend 3 times as much $$$. But the Ecotec is a very light engine, very good for handling. And averaging over 30 mpg is plausible. But make up your mind and get started, instead ofendless waffling. I went through this phase, but not for this long. I made the smartest choice for me, then got started. So, decide something by Halloween, and start a build thread, with pics. Have the cradle out of the car by Thanksgiving, and have the new engine mounted by Christmas.
pontiackid86

Re: bumper..

Post by pontiackid86 »

Take off the hood. Theres going to be about 5 or 6 T screws (I forget what size they are) going along a metal strip that the bumper sits on top of (BE CAREFUL NOT TO BED THIS STRIP) than there should be a few more screws on the bottom and behind the side markers on the side. Its not that hard just time consuming
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

You can't do an engine swap. You don't have the mechanical aptitude. Get the 2.8 running even if you have to pay someone to do it. Drive it, done. Get your head out of the clouds.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

clear ALL "cookies" out of your computer, then create a second account. I have 2 user names over there. I had to create a new e-mail account somewhere else first, but it's no big deal.
TheFieroBoy

Re: bumper..

Post by TheFieroBoy »

One of the easiest ways to remove it is to wrap det cord around it.

Light fuse.

Step back.

Bumper pops off!

Good luck getting it back on, though.
fieromadman

Re: fixing... small bullshit

Post by fieromadman »

If its stick on it's vinyl. It won't oxidize, it might fade over time but then you just take it off and put a new sticker on. Lowlux, you can try wet sanding and buffing. You have to be careful though. You could try just buffing it first, but I don't know if that will take care of it. Either way wet sanding and buffing, or just buffing, you aren't going to get it to go away completely.
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
1987 GT, lowered, KYB's, clutchnet 6 puck, G/A brakes
BC2002SS

Re: Fixing the trunk, fuck!

Post by BC2002SS »

No aluminum can't be welded in place. You do not want to weld dissimilar metals it won't end well.
2002 Camaro SS
1986 Fiero GT 3800SC 4T65E-HD
slp 1.8 rockers, slp headers, northstar throttle body, Z06 MAF,3.3" pulley,160 drilled stat,
12" Corvette brakes
1.81 60' 13.004 @102
new best 1.939 60' 12.909 @ 104.50
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

lowlux wrote:why didn't Gm use an all aluminum frame? ( why didn't GM do a lot things...)
Because your car would theoredicially last forever and they couldn't sell you a new car.
pontiackid86

Post by pontiackid86 »

I seriousley have to ask lowlux.... Are you retarded? Yes alumnuim can be welded but I cant help to think that welding alumnium is a litte above your skill level (Not as easy as scremaing at a computer with a bebe gun and video camera if you catch my drift.) Good luck on your alumnium frame endevor, Let us all know how that goes. If you cant even replace an alternator properley, than I highley dought you would be able to acomplish half the bullshit you talk about doing on here. Are you serious missing frame rail........ GM put them there for a reason. Ask yourself how an accident is going to fair out if your missing a frame rail, I think you should just get another car and stop driving fieros all together.
pontiackid86

Post by pontiackid86 »

Arnt you the one ranting with shawn about how V8's suck lowlux? So whay would you want to do one. And please dont come back over to Old Europe. No one wants you over there. And sad to say I dont think they even want you over here.
pontiackid86

Re: 1988 fiero suspension swap

Post by pontiackid86 »

lowlux wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote:Swapping cradles is even harder than fixing the alternator.
motor would be outside the car.... so it would be easy to swap the alternator....

are the 1988 cradles of the GT and SE the same? four bangers too?

Are they the same? Yes they are. Can it be done.... Yes. Can you pull this off? Highley unlikeley.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

No more than missing axles.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

pontiackid86 wrote: bebe gun
pontiackid86

Post by pontiackid86 »

Here goes Lowlux again bashing some girl because he will never be able to fuck her :Yahoo!:
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

pontiackid86 wrote:
lowlux wrote:
motor would be outside the car.... so it would be easy to swap the alternator....

are the 1988 cradles of the GT and SE the same? four bangers too?

Are they the same? Yes they are. Can it be done.... Yes. Can you pull this off? Highley unlikeley.
One would think pontiackid would learn the basics of fiero's before opening his hole and spewing incorrect information.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Lol
Not if one has read pontiackids previous posts.
I wasn't banned, I'd just rather be here.
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

slowpoke wrote:Lol
Not if one has read pontiackids previous posts.

lmao true!
pontiackid86

Post by pontiackid86 »

:crazy: I was reffering to the question " are the cradels the same in the 88 GT's and 88 coupes.......... I swear to god idiots.
pontiackid86

Re: Head liner

Post by pontiackid86 »

Fail..... Good luck with thoes velcro strips. Try to do somthing right on your car for once.
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

pontiackid86 wrote::crazy: I was reffering to the question " are the cradels the same in the 88 GT's and 88 coupes.......... I swear to god idiots.

No retard, he asked if "are the 1988 cradles of the GT and SE the same? four bangers too?" Seeing 87 was the last year for a SE model, you said they were the same even though 88 cradles and 87 and older cradles are different. Plus there are 2 different cradles for 88, one won't work with a manual trans without a mod.