#$@&*!!! SPEC Frisbee about to go through the window...

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

coinage

Re: #$@&*!!! SPEC Frisbee about to go through the window...

Post by coinage »

Contact these guys... http://www.racingclutches.com/

They may be able to do something for you. same concept as Tilton
86GT 4sp
94 LQ1, 60-1 Garrett BB Turbo-A/W IC-ARP main studs,head studs,rod bolts-QM twin disk clutch/button flywheel-Ported heads/intakes-50lb/hr injectors-Fully balanced-88 cradle swap-Held adjustable solid rear links-12" brakes-Chase Cage-
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

Thanks for the link.. I'm done with the manual trans. however. The spec 3+ was my last hoorah at getting a something decent with the 5 speed. I thought for sure I would be blowing up transmissions and cracking diff housings or something like that. Instead, I have a clutch that slips before this POS transmission will.

I already have an auto. I'm going to rebuild that thing with some good parts and spend no more cash on the 5speed. I already knew it was a lost cause before I started, but someone had to do it. There are no actual 'high' horsepower 5 speed cars. I see no reason that there isn't a 10second manual trans car. There are 10 second hondas, cobalts, mustangs, corvettes, etc and they can do it with a manual. There should be no reason that a fiero hasn't done it yet.

Its too bad SPEC didn't care to get their name out there as one of the first fieros to do it... I understand they have a lot of other markets that are more appealing, but every bit of good publicity should help these days.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Fuck specs reputation, just blow us away jinx.