What is this in my cylinders?

General Fiero Maintenance including oil changes, air filters, suspension refreshes, restorations, painting, etc.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

pontiackid86

What is this in my cylinders?

Post by pontiackid86 »

Just wanted to see if you guys might know what this stuff is. I took apart the motor on my 86 today and found this in 4 of the cylinders. I think this might have had somthing to do with the fact my motor is locked up.

This was under the other head as well, It has a red tint to it.
pontiackid86

Re: What is this in my cylinders?

Post by pontiackid86 »

lowlux wrote:your fucked! buy a brand new car and quit driving fieros.
Can you tear a motor down like that in an hour lowlux?
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Which STD turns your urine red? And I like the bent pushrod.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Atilla the Fun wrote:And I like the bent pushrod.
You should see the heads from that motor.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

pontiackid86 wrote:Just wanted to see if you guys might know what this stuff is. I took apart the motor on my 86 today and found this in 4 of the cylinders. I think this might have had somthing to do with the fact my motor is locked up.

This was under the other head as well, It has a red tint to it.

Didn't I tell you not to use that name to ask questions here?
I wasn't banned, I'd just rather be here.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Did someone put stabil in the cylinders to try to use it as a fogging oil? Random, but as its not all rusty in there I am not ready to say it is water. But that does look like coolant in the lifter valley, and the bent pushrod also looks bad. Either way start looking for a new motor haha.

Edit, those intake manifold gaskets are installed wrong. The pushrods go through, not under.
pontiackid86

Post by pontiackid86 »

The motor i dont think is the problem. It was only that one pushrod and it was due to the PO torquing the shit out of the rockers. It wasent turned over like that. and i know about the gaskets. That was during the deconstruction.
CincinnatiFiero

Whats it smell like?
pontiackid86

Post by pontiackid86 »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:Whats it smell like?

I couldent really pin out a certan smell to it. It had a hint of a chemical smell but not a vey strong one. There was some WD-40 in it that I sprayed in there but It dident smell like that. The cylinders wernt rusted so i dont think it was water either. The engine was locked up so It leades me to think It was that marvens mistory oil.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

Did you buy the engine like that? If so, someone could have poured seafoam or something like that down the cylinders, or even diesel, to free up a siezed motor.
pontiackid86

Post by pontiackid86 »

befarrer wrote:Did you buy the engine like that? If so, someone could have poured seafoam or something like that down the cylinders, or even diesel, to free up a siezed motor.

Yea i bought it back like that sadley. I freed up the engine now im having a slight electrical problem. Im going to jersey tomorrow to pick up a new ECU due to the fact im not getting any check engine light at start up.
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

pontiackid86 wrote:
befarrer wrote:Did you buy the engine like that? If so, someone could have poured seafoam or something like that down the cylinders, or even diesel, to free up a siezed motor.

Yea i bought it back like that sadley. I freed up the engine now im having a slight electrical problem. Im going to jersey tomorrow to pick up a new ECU due to the fact im not getting any check engine light at start up.
Lmao, thought your other cars was perfect? You need a check engine light on for it to be normal to you?

Just save yourself some money and unhook the 02 sensor, that will turn the check engine light on on start up.
pontiackid86

Post by pontiackid86 »

jelly2m81 wrote:
pontiackid86 wrote:

Lmao, thought your other cars was perfect? You need a check engine light on for it to be normal to you?

Just save yourself some money and unhook the 02 sensor, that will turn the check engine light on on start up.

I see i have to explaine this to you. You know when you turn the key to the "ON" posistion in the ignition when you start the car?
You are familiar with the fact the check engine light shows up for a breif 3 seconds than goes off? That is what im talking about. Im still not getting any check engine light come on but for some reason the car is getting spark now.
CincinnatiFiero

Is the bulb burnt out? That happened on my 3800 car, I was like fuck yeah it started first try and no MIL lights.... yeah pulled the cluster and half the bulbs were bad, turned out I had a burnt out SES light bulb and an improperly wired MAP sensor.
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

pontiackid86 wrote:
I see i have to explaine this to you. You know when you turn the key to the "ON" posistion in the ignition when you start the car?
You are familiar with the fact the check engine light shows up for a breif 3 seconds than goes off? That is what im talking about. Im still not getting any check engine light come on but for some reason the car is getting spark now.
I see I have to explain simple automotive terminology to you dumbass. Start up means turing the key to the start position and the engine starting, and when you turn the key to the on position with the engine off the CEL is on indeffinitely.