30th Fiero Anniversary

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

carbon

30th Fiero Anniversary

Post by carbon »

June 27th through June 30th 2013
Pre-registration deadline is May 27, 2013

Wyndham Indianapolis West
2544 Executive Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46241

Hotel registration is now open! For real this time! ;) See below for rates.

30th Event Schedule (tentative)

30th Thursday - June 27th
  • City of Indianapolis historical tour
  • Speedrome - Autocross Event - See below!
  • Meet & Greet - Hotel parking lot
  • Minnesota Fieros Forever go-cart night
Fiero Friday - June 28th
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway track day
  • Parts swap meet - Hotel parking lot
  • Fiero tailgate party - Hotel parking lot
Show Saturday - June 29th
  • 30th Anniversary Fiero Show - 10:00AM to 3:00PM - Hotel parking lot
  • Fiero Historical Night - Guest speakers (John Callies!) - Show off your own memorabilia!
Ceremonial Sunday - June 30th]
  • 30th Anniversary Breakfast - Begins at 8:00AM
  • Awards Ceremony - Begins at 9:00AM
30th Anniversary Registration and Memorabilia
Registration Fees (Includes OEM style commemorative badge plaque and laser-cut stainless steel key chain)
  • First Fiero - $30.00 (Pre-registration price - Mailed entries must be post marked by May 27, 2013 ($40.00 thereafter)
  • Each additional Fiero - $15.00 (Outside show field - Includes badge plaque and key chain)
  • Indoor Parking - $100 per car (Includes registration - Secure, indoor, limited access from Thur. June 27 - Sun. June 30th.)
Event T-shirts - $10.00 ea.
Additional Key Chains - $10.00 ea.
Additional Badge Plaque - $10.00 ea.
Commemorative Nametag - $5.00 ea. (Fiero 30th logo, name and 1 line of text.)

Registration form and payment info coming soon!!

Parking Areas
The areas tinted in red with 255 stalls, teal with 147, purple with 46 and yellow with 17 are the parking areas that we have access to for our event. Access to the parking lot will be controlled with a check in/check out system. Each car and owner will have ID tags that must be presented when leaving the parking lot, where the red and yellow areas meet, to prevent unwanted disappearance of Fieros. Also, participating Fiero parking will be assigned to each Fiero for the weekend in the section it will be shown. This is being done to prevent judging confusion and bitterness over people 'holding' parking spots.

The exhibition hall sections that we have on contract will hold approximately 48 cars. The qualification of "special" is not needed for the cars to be inside. It will be more of a preference of the car owner as to if they feel their car is "special" enough to pay the higher registration fee of $100 dollars for the event and the caveat that the cars are not to be removed for the duration of the weekend. The only exception to this is the possible IMS track event on Friday, this is an exhibition hall not a garage. First consideration will be given to have the prototype vehicles inside as the owners of these cars are generally concerned with the environment in which the cars are displayed.

Room Pricing
The room pricing is locked in on contract at $95 per night for a double room or a deluxe king. We are also contracted for a limited number of deluxe king with balcony at a rate of $125 per night. (Please keep in mind is that the city of Indianapolis has a sales tax rate of 17%.)

Hotel reservations are now being taken!
  • (317) 248-2481 - Reservation hours 7AM-11PM - Ask for Sakura - Mention the Midwest Fiero Club group.
  • (877) 361-4511 - After hours only please.

I just want to assure you guys that we have more than 20 people working hard to make sure this will be an event worth attending! We will have the official website up soon with the details, in addition, I will try to field questions from forum members in this thread or in PMs.

Sorry for the delay in getting this over here... I will do my best to answer any questions and get inquiries to those who know in the planning group.

Key Chain Image
Name Tag Image
Badge Plaque Image
Last edited by carbon on Mon May 06, 2013 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
CincinnatiFiero

Re: 30th Fiero Anniversary

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Jesus, this means its been 5 years since the last anniversary. Time flies.

Only 3 hours away, I'll have to pop over for the day if I have a Fiero on the road by then, haven't driven a Fiero in 2 years.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

LOL at 95% of the events taking place in the "Hotel parking lot". What no Matchbox car drag racing event? Truly disappointing.

What a joke but typical of the fiero crowd.
Last edited by Shaun41178(2) on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

videos of Putnam park road course. Lets see how many fiero owners have videos like this from the track day. I can't wait to see them "in the twisties" since thats where fieros shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

corvette z06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfTn3N8iSgc

S2000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbsThp6QzvM

Lotus Exige S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GuFSGt-s1I

Porsche Carrera GT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LGIhuUmojE

Yes thats right a Carrera GT. I don't want to hear any fiero owners claiming they didn't want to take their car out there because "there is too much money in it if it wrecks"

RSX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WIOBtK4gOA
carbon

Post by carbon »

Sigh... suppose you tell me how to guarantee turn out for different off site events that want contracted numbers, then who should get left on the hook to cover the spread when people back out, Shaun.
carbon

Post by carbon »

Also... why would you have a tail gate party, parts swap, or the actual show somewhere other than the host hotel?
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Up front payments for the "off site" events. if people back out, the money is already collected. Problem solved

That is how it is done for TX2K events every year and the turn out is always huge.

Hold the awards ceremony at the track. Guaranteed to get people to go there since that is what fiero owners care about most.
carbon

Post by carbon »

Unfortunately, apparently, that's not what the organizers care about most. The show committee is more interested in the history of the car and what it is... rather than what some think it should be. It's the 30th Anniversary Show... a way to gather the remaining examples of the Pontiac Fiero in one place, not a show of what awesome kind of race car the Fiero is.

As far as TX2K... you know as well as I do that it is completely irrelevant when compared to a Fiero event. I got a chuckle when you posted that list of YouTube videos as if someone who races a Carrera, Exige or Z06 would have anywhere near the same financial means of the average Fiero owner. Too much money is 100% relative. The Putnam event would be a piggy back the way it is and before a car show of 25-30 year old cars, participation is expected to be low.

I posted the info here for reference and I will update it with any changes. I figured there are some guys over here that wouldn't see this if it weren't here, so I posted. It's also on Facebook: 30thFieroAnniversary
carbon

Post by carbon »

I am pleased to announce that in conjunction with the Fiero 30th Anniversary event, an Autocross will be held on Thursday June 27th, 2013 at Speedrome in Indianapolis, Indiana. This event will give you a chance to “performance” drive your Fiero in a controlled coarse while being timed. We have coordinated the event with the Indianapolis Region SCCA so if you have been to an SCCA Autocross in the past, it will be very similar.

When:
Thursday, June 27, 2013

802 South Kitley Avenue
Indianapolis, Indiana 46219
http://www.speedrome.com/

Registration Fee:
$ 40.00

Registration Website:
http://www.fiero30th.com/
Soon to be updated with this event.....

Event Schedule:

Start Time: End Time:

8:00 AM Gates Open (Start Setup - unload cars)
8:20 AM 9:20 AM Registration Open
8:20 AM 9:20 AM Technical inspection of cars and equipment
8:30 AM 9:30 AM Course walk through
9:30 AM 9:50 AM Drivers meeting (9:20 Registration Closed)
10:00 AM 4:00 PM Autocross In Progress
12:00 PM 1:00 PM Lunch
4:00 PM 4:15 PM Closing Meeting
4:15 PM 5:00 PM Clean Up

Technical Inspection Requirements:
*Loose items out of interior (including floor mats if not a clip or latch style).
*Brake and Steering fluids are sufficient.
*No excessive fluid leaks.
*Brakes have adequate pedal.
*Snap-on hubcaps, trim rings removed
*Tires have sufficient tread.
*Wheel bearings, shocks, steering in good condition.
*Seat belts properly installed, inertia reels operational, good condition.
*Battery securely attached independent of container.
*Throttle return action safe & positive.
*Helmet meets Snell 2010, 2005 or 2000.
*Engine oil vent tank & coolant vent tank (Race prepared vehicles)
*Fuel or Oil lines in cockpit must either be covered or there must be drain holes in the floor.
*Roll bars, if installed, must meet the minimum requirements of SCCA, NASA, or another recognized sanctioning body. Roll bars are required for EM class.

Please Remember:
*All Participants must register.
*All Cars must pass tech inspection.
*All Helmets must pass tech inspection.
*Participants must wear closed toe shoes.
*Numbers must be displayed on side of the car.
*All Drivers must attend the Drivers Meeting.

The SCCA will have helmets that can be used (no fee) however, it would be best to provide your own if you have one.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

So how did the autocross go? Pics?
fieroguru

Post by fieroguru »

It was cancelled.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

why?
fieroguru

Post by fieroguru »

The event was going to cost $2100 to be held. By the deadline to either book or pass on the event, there were only 8 people with paid registration of $40 ($320). So it was cancelled. I was a shame as I was one of the 8 and it was the main thing I was interested in doing at the 30th.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Lack of interest to put their cars on a racetrack and prove what they brag about for years on end.

Not surprising from fiero owners