Picked up another ITB intake

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: Picked up another ITB intake

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Not sure the iron heads are compatible with the 99mm blocks... may have to stick with the 94mm 3500 block.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:
THE PUNISHER wrote:where do you keep finding this shit?
Why would I go through the trouble of swapping a motor, new engine mounts, wiring, computer, just to have the same hp as what I can make with this? Now granted, this will make more than 200 crank. Once the build starts moving along faster, there will be a thread in advanced tech showing how its going to get 350+ hp without boost. I know, sounds like BS doesn't it?
Because everyone else did their engine swaps 5-10 years ago, and this still hasn't come together, there have been 60* ITB threads on RFT since I've had a Fiero and I don't know that I've ever seen one together, in a car, running, and making power.

I understand why you are doing it, but I wouldn't use time savings as an argument.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Aaron wrote:I think I read 3900 in this thread. I guess with 3.9l it's possible, but that's just about maxed out in every way.
that's the whole point. I mean what you are saying is why bother building a n/a 427 lsx to 700 hp because it will be about maxed out. That's the whole reason to do it is to say that you did and more importantly that it can be done

the butterflys on the aluminum head itb is 50mm. The iron head is about 51-52mm. I need to remeasure for the iron head itb to be sure as I only guesstimated the size based on pics I took and posted here showing the difference in size
Because everyone else did their engine swaps 5-10 years ago, and this still hasn't come together, there have been 60* ITB threads on RFT since I've had a Fiero and I don't know that I've ever seen one together, in a car, running, and making power.

I understand why you are doing it, but I wouldn't use time savings as an argument.
I think I did my first swap to a 3.4 and turbo all at the same time around 2006-7 area. I just got this intake back in late march early April timeframe. So not sure what you mean by this still hasn't come together? I already have a itb setup but for aluminum heads with a turbo in and running. I guess you haven't seen the videos on YouTube?

The timeframe I am using is because I am still playing with the aluminum head itb turbo setup and want to have fun with that first before I go changing everything around again. If you haven't seen my itb aluminum head turbo setup videos hats fine, I'll point you to the thread on here where you can see it.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

But 700 hp is fun, 350 is barely above boring. And I'm just not seeing you getting 100hp/l. I'm interested to see you try, but I'm guessing around 300 you'll hit a wall.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

hmmmmm, I can't seem to recall me ever saying the car would be fun with that amount of hp. Do you recall me saying that aaron?
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

No, I haven't seen it. I have Trouble keeping track of whatever your setup is, admittedly I don't invest much time in investigating.

Maybe I'm in the wrong places on this forum, but all your stories, I was under the impression were about your mustang.

ITBs are dope, I hope it works out for you.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Here is the thread with my aluminum head itb setup.

http://realfierotech.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... =3&t=17639

It appears you have seen it because you are like the third post down. I have just recently pulled my intake on the fiero to install larger injectors and to fix a vacuum leak with a couple of the butterflys. They were causing a high idle. Glad I did too because I had some blockage in two of the coolant lines from dirt which is now cleaned out.

Some of my stories have been with my mustang yes. I try to make that clear when it is though.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I'm sure I've missed something, but why are you going to this new ITB setup than? Seems to me you have an aluminum head/ITB, which with ported heads and boost would outperform your iron head/ITB even though they are CNC ported also.

Turbo motors like high CFM, short runner intakes (At least on boost they do).
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.