Anyone with Collector Car insurance for their Fiero????

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Lou and Blue

Anyone with Collector Car insurance for their Fiero????

Post by Lou and Blue »

I am putting this thread out to see if any one has collector car insurance coverage on thier Fiero . I have a 1985 GT and American collectors insurance said they wouldn't insure it because to them its not considered a collectable car. So I bought a policy with American Modern Insurance group and now, a month later I get an email saying the Fiero cannot be insured by them because "they were mass produced and not appreciating in value".
If I go for gieco, Progressive, or any mainstream company the quote is an arm and a leg just for liability because the car doesnt have anti-lock brakes and an air bag.
If anyone uses collectable car insurance for their Fiero , please let me know.
I am on Long Island , New York
Thank you.
Louis
CincinnatiFiero

Re: Anyone with Collector Car insurance for their Fiero????

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Chubb?
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I use an insurance broker. I shopped around everywhere I could think of when I bought my bike, called and got quotes from probably 40 places. The broker beat all of them, significantly.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Have you tried hagerty? I got a quote from them a few years back for fieros.

Also, do you own another car, and do you have a garage. Not having one of those will stop you from getting a classic car policy.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

I pay $27 a month for Liability only with Liberty Mutual. I have multiple vehicles on the policy and the Fiero is registered as a weekend only vehicle.