My kingdom for a cradle

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

THE PUNISHER

My kingdom for a cradle

Post by THE PUNISHER »

I have been looking all over for an engine cradle so I can get my car back on the road with no luck.. Fiero factory wants a mint for one, and ontario fiero clubs are all but dead.

Any ideas?
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
Shaun41178(2)

Re: My kingdom for a cradle

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I have been browsing some forums and have found some near Penn and new York but wasn't sure if willing to go that far or not. I thought you had a junkyard up there with some? You might have to just bite the bullet and spend some money and shipping. I'll see if I can dig up those links
draven

Post by draven »

What year cradle are you trying to find?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Yeah, '88 or earlier?
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Don't really care about the year, just want a nice car to cruise in, not going to autocross it.

Other things I need are original Tan seats (fixed back seats in a street car are dumb) and original tan / brown carpet... I have the black aftermarket and my god it sucks.
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Got your LS4 figured out yet?

There are producers of the aftermarket carpet that are good... but there are also those that are shit.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

THE PUNISHER wrote:Don't really care about the year, just want a nice car to cruise in, not going to autocross it.

Other things I need are original Tan seats (fixed back seats in a street car are dumb) and original tan / brown carpet... I have the black aftermarket and my god it sucks.
I have 88 brown/tan/beechwood carpet. You can see it here: http://www.pbase.com/series8217/image/76233426 (note: I don't have the seats anymore)

I'm probably going to pull it out in the next couple weeks to shed some weight. Interested?
draven

Post by draven »

THE PUNISHER wrote:Don't really care about the year, just want a nice car to cruise in, not going to autocross it.
Where are you located?

What type of aftermarket carpet did you purchase?
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Series8217 wrote:

I have 88 brown/tan/beechwood carpet. You can see it here: http://www.pbase.com/series8217/image/76233426 (note: I don't have the seats anymore)

I'm probably going to pull it out in the next couple weeks to shed some weight. Interested?
Yes, interested in the carpet , shipped to Clayton NY 13624
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

THE PUNISHER wrote:
Series8217 wrote:

Yes, interested in the carpet , shipped to Clayton NY 13624
Will get you a quote once I pull it out
draven

Post by draven »

If you could pay for shipping... goto Uship.com and bid for a quote... I've got an 86 cradle I was about to scrap. I've also got a pallet I could strap it to..

I don't know how much of the knuckle/hub I'll be able to keep as I'm going to try and surgically remove a C5 emergency brake setup and transplant it to an 88 cradle.. It does have poly on the a-arms too..

I also have a set of aluminum cradle bushings I'll let go for $45.

let me know..
draven

Post by draven »

I removed the 282 and C5 ebrake setup from the hubs and knuckles. They came out without fanfare and the setup is quite simplistic. I'm going to see if they can be adapted to the 88 knuckles..

Regardless, short of being cleaned the cradle is ready to go to you or the metal recylcer. As mentioned previously.. it has poly bushings and aluminum cradle bushings for a small amount of coin. Let me know if you are interested..
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

draven wrote: C5 ebrake setup from the hubs and knuckles.
Do you have photos of this? I was thinking of adding C5 parking brakes to my car. It would be interesting to see how someone else did it.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Draven,

PM sent
draven

Post by draven »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
draven wrote: C5 ebrake setup from the hubs and knuckles.
Do you have photos of this? I was thinking of adding C5 parking brakes to my car. It would be interesting to see how someone else did it.
Let me clean them up as they are caked with texas dust and I'll gladly take pics and post them over in my build thread... "Simplicity" yes.. durability ? jury is out.. I'll get you fella's input... the PO welded ears to the backing plate of the mini ebrake drum and attached the calipers to that.. total thickness of the ears are +/- 1/8" but i'm horrible at eyeballing material thickness..

Sorry for the hijack I'll post more over in my LQ1 build thread..
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

I'd love to see some more info on the rear parking brake setup as well.