New Guy.

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

1fast2m6

New Guy.

Post by 1fast2m6 »

I got a comment on my YouTube video that lead me here, I thought I'd check you guys out.

http://youtu.be/xM7oLcQtg4o
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Re: New Guy.

Post by Aaron »

Hehe, his car starts. Just rocked Shaun's world.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

awesome. welcome aboard. Feel free to share some details and future plans.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

1fast2m6 wrote:I got a comment on my YouTube video that lead me here, I thought I'd check you guys out.

http://youtu.be/xM7oLcQtg4o

cool car, plan to ditch the gutted SC and swap to an N/A intake?
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
1fast2m6

Post by 1fast2m6 »

ericjon262 wrote:

cool car, plan to ditch the gutted SC and swap to an N/A intake?

Yes, while I grabbed a L36 Top end (Heads and upper/lower intake) and just got the heads back from the machine shop Thursday to throw on my L67, I am going to be picking up a low mile L26 (under 40k miles) I'm not sure if I will keep the Aluminum upper intake and figure out something or swap it over to a plastic L36 intake & throttle body. but either way I'll be installing my fresh heads on it before it goes in the car along with ARP studs and Cometic MLS gaskets.

About the car:
1986 Fiero SE
1998 L67 / 4t65e-hd
WestCoastFiero mounts
RedDevilRiver Harness
Holset HX-40 turbo
Aeromotive 340lph in tank fuel pump
80lb injectors
FrozenBoost Water-to-Air intercooler W/ 2.5 Gallon reserve tank, Cobra pump, 12"x24" heat exchanger & dual 9" fans
4" single exhaust

Coming soon:
L32 Bottom end (2007)
110lb Valve springs
ZZP retainers
ARP Studs
MLS Head gaskets
Turbosmart IWG-75 Wastgate actuator
Dual 3" exhaust
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

1fast2m6 wrote: I'm not sure if I will keep the Aluminum upper intake and figure out something or swap it over to a plastic L36 intake & throttle body.
You know about the aluminum upper L36 intake from the Camaro, right?
1fast2m6

Post by 1fast2m6 »

I think my coil mounting solution would be an issue for the F-body intake.

I already have fresh N/A heads, I would just want to get rid of the empty M90 case
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

1fast2m6 wrote:I think my coil mounting solution would be an issue for the F-body intake.
So what? Mount your coil pack somewhere else.
The cast aluminum intake is going to be far more reliable with boost than the plastic intake.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

how about the aluminum grand prix intake?
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

YOu can face the tb towards the drivers side. It doesn't have to be towards the passenger side. Coil packs can then remain where they are.
1fast2m6

Post by 1fast2m6 »

Yep That's the Plan
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: The cast aluminum intake is going to be far more reliable with boost than the plastic intake.
Do the plastic intakes have a history of being unreliable under boost? There are plenty of turbo OEM applications with plastic intakes. Now of course these are designed with boost in mind, but if the N/A manifolds have shown to not be unreliable, what's the problem? And let's face it, 10-15psi is relatively low pressure, and likely won't crash or deform any OEM plastic intake.

Just my opinion, but I think the plastic intakes offer enough advantages that they're worth testing.
1fast2m6

Post by 1fast2m6 »

As far as I know the Plastic manifolds are fine even with boost, the major Issue with the L36 intake was the EGR could melt the upper intake over with time. and with an EGR delete I think that issue is resolved.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

The W-body intake outflows the F-body intake.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

any updates here?
1fast2m6

Post by 1fast2m6 »

I went with the L26 aluminum W-body upper & lower intake. I also did a ZZP HV3 While I was in there. the motor is back out for now. since I decided to install a fairly built trans (ZZP stage 3 with a 7/8" chain) 2750 Stall converter and ZZP aluminum trans pan