new guy 1st fiero

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

kippo

new guy 1st fiero

Post by kippo »

Well I come across odd stuff from time to time. Today got a call from a guy needing some work done on his car hauler. I go quote him a price and he sets a time up to drop the trailer off at my place. He had a 86 fiero gt sitting in the back yard.

I asked him about it and he has had it for 10 years and about 6 months ago had all new leather interior done. Since I was looking for a new shop to do interior on another car I asked if I could check it out. Got the number of the shop and the guy continues to tell me how he had every bushing a inthe suspension done at a local shop. The car was super clean. Then he tells me 3 months ago the clutch was needing replaced so he had the same shop do the clutch. During reassembly they accidently cut the wires to the coil. Well i don't know what happened but they had a falling out. So i told him if he wanted to bring it to my shop i would fix the wires, sunroof seal, and a couple of other small things.

He said he was to busy to mess with it right now. So i made him a offer on the car and after a little back and forth i got the car for 800. So he signed her over and I go back to pick it up tomorrow. Will post some pictures of it tomorrow evening.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: new guy 1st fiero

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Welcome to the forum!

Good luck with the fix!
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

>All new leather interior
>Suspension Refresh
>Clutch job

$800 sale. Good for you. Welcome.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

sounds like a steal so far. looking fwd to seeing some pics
kippo

Post by kippo »

Whooo. Had one mess of a day. Got her to the house and the gray coil plug is the one the shop broke off. they said they could not find another at parts place. I rigged my own spades and plugged them in and she started up. I didn't drive it. The rear alignment is all out of whack from the clutch change. So after washing it paint is a 20 footer macco job. Looks decent but no where near what my standards are.

Right off the bat these are the things I need to fix.
e brake
valve covers leaking a little.
Oil pan leaking.
Needs painting.

Interior is in really good shape.

Here is my main question. Are these cars valuable enough to not change factory color?

Reason I ask is the po changed interior from grey to black. So since that is changed I'm thinking of going with a different color when I paint her. Going to turn lights on out side and try to take some pictures now.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

You'd only lose value if the car still had original paint and 12k miles. The only factory color I find interesting is the red metallic, but maybe you like one of them. Id whole heartedly suggest finding a color from a paint book.

Dont keep the car if youre looking for something to make money with. Fieros are sows ears only for enjoyment on the road, not for collecting.
kippo

Post by kippo »