white brake switch wire?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

ericjon262

white brake switch wire?

Post by ericjon262 »

is there a reason the white wire from the brake light switch goes all the way to the C500 through pin G7, just to turn around and come back through pin H8 to return to the stop/turn/hazard switch in the column?

[img]http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98 ... 20wire.png[/img]

[img]http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98 ... 0wire2.png[/img]

from what I can see it just goes in a big loop, doesn't make a bit of sense to me to add an extra 8 feet of wire to the harness unnecessarily, and the service manual has no extra details. from what I can see, with these two white wires not connected, there will be no rear turn signals.

Thanks-

Eric
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
ericjon262

Re: white brake switch wire?

Post by ericjon262 »

figured it out, white wire gets jumpered, GT's had amber turn signals that signaled independent of the brake lights.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Piecing together some of the wiring details based on options from different models can be illuminating. '88 four cylinder cars had an optional two speed fan, for example, so there's an extra wire for it from the C500 to the C100.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Piecing together some of the wiring details based on options from different models can be illuminating. '88 four cylinder cars had an optional two speed fan, for example, so there's an extra wire for it from the C500 to the C100.

from what I have seen, all cars have the extra wire for two speed fans. my 85 had it, and the 86 or 87 harness that I just put in had it.