Mustang SVO Turbo I have been tuning

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Shaun41178(2)

Mustang SVO Turbo I have been tuning

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

my buddy picked this up and we are working on tuning it. I think its an 86 with an svo motor
V__6BD9.jpg
V__6BD9.jpg (240.76 KiB) Viewed 5928 times
V__32FF.jpg
V__32FF.jpg (187.08 KiB) Viewed 5928 times
Its got a aftermarket header and turbo around 58mm. Ching chong ebay stainless downpipe made for a supra was used at 3 inch.

Video of it idling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=y ... pp=desktop

Previous owner was running a factory computer, with 36lb injectors and a rising rate fpr. It ran good, but we wanted more power and to run e85. For whatever reason, the factory computer, because of the VAM, has trouble when trying to run bigger injectors. in the purchase of the car, a Megasquirt was included. For whatever reason the previous owner never bothered to hook it up

850cc injectors were installed, and we got it running and driving with an safc hack and the stock VAM, but under boost it was too unpredictable when it came to the air/fuel ratio. We decided to hook up the MS and lower the injectors to only 650cc after futher calculations showed we could use smaller ones.

It was quite simple to hook up, and a couple of mouse clicks we inputed basic data to tell the computer what we were starting with. The car fired right up and within 20 minutes we were on the road driving it. Right now we are up to 15 lbs of boost and about 30 degrees of timing. I think its too much timing so I am going to back it off but its funny to see that much timing on boost with an iron head. E85 helps make that possible.

This thing has 327 gears in it, so third goes to around 95mph or so. Its way too long IMO but makes tuning easy. Right now I am just working on a street tune. Not sure my buddy will get around to a dyno to get a number or not. We are hoping for 30lbs and 400 whp when all is said and done
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312