I was told I would receive my own forum.

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

CincinnatiFiero

I was told I would receive my own forum.

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Shaun41178(2)

Re: I was told I would receive my own forum.

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Oh snap. Nice teaser
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Nice car man, identical to mine when I started

Hindsight, if I just upgraded the motor and kept the body and interior stock I'd likely still be enjoying it 9 years later...
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Welcome to 1994.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

R32 started in 1989. 1994 was the last year
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Pictttttures.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

you tease.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
CincinnatiFiero

I actually don't have a ton of pictures of it. I hit a possum in it at 4am headed home from the port after I cleared customs and tore the front lip off. It also has pretty heinous 3 spoke old JDM wheels on it. I need to find some nice looking wheels for it and get a new lip and paint the carbon fiber hood body color.

It has an occasional 3-4 grind, which the interwebs tells me is exceedingly common in R32 5speeds and to buy $70/gallon Redline oil for it.

I am going to take it somewhat back to stock aesthetically, going to try to fit a leather wrapped R34 GTS-T steering wheel in it, ordered some NOS key blanks, replaced a cracked indicator light, etc. Basically what I did with my M3, make the car much prettier and cleaner.

Its got intakes, bigger front mount, turbo-back exhaust, and the a fresh pair of 2860R turbos on it. I need to find someone to tune it, I have no idea if/who/what tune it runs. The AFRs go pretty damn rich in boost and the lag is horrible.

However I bought this car for novelty, I'd been talking about it for a while and it is nothing short of entertaining. Peoples reactions to it are all positive, but borderline annoying at times. There is now a neighborhood pack of 15 year olds that follow me around the park in front of the house when I walk the dog calling me mister and asking how fast my "gtr skyline" is. The Columbus, Ohio Facebook car sightings group is basically as soon as lojack for tracking my movements now. I'm not on Facebook and not active in any local car community so no-one knows me anymore but friends keep forwarding me posts of "that silver GTR is out again on the South Side"

Panda Sticker came with the car, it may stay.

Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Hahaha, that's hilarious, mister. Poor possum.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I know the feeling. I took my GTR to Washington 9 or so years ago and the amount of looks it got was amazing. I guess it was the whole Grand Turismo generation ogling the car.

Now it's R34s up here. There is a GTS in town but I've yet to see an actual R34 GTR but there are lots in Edmonton.

BTW, R33 GTR 5 speed transmissions have beefier synchros, so try sourcing one. OS Gilken had a set of super strong gears for the R33 transmission.

Be careful of redline fluid, there are parts in a R32 transmission that apparently get eaten up by it. It's only good for the short term.
CincinnatiFiero

I've had decent luck with fresh fluid solving occasional grinds in other gearboxes. So I was going to at least change the fluid, do you have a fluid you recommend? I just found a lot of people who liked the lightweight shockproof in street driven GTRs, and heavyweight shockproof in race cars. I was planning on going with the lightweight.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

What year?
CincinnatiFiero

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

It's pretty darned amazing that car is only three years newer than the Fiero.

Wanna swap powertrains with my BMW? All of my synchros work.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Did a quick search on what these are pulling dollar wise. Its more than a Fiero

Yours have an rb25 or still the 2.0?
CincinnatiFiero

Its a GTR, its always been a 2.6L RB26DETT.

The RB20DET was R32 GTS-Ts, the RB25DE came in the R32 GTS25, and then the R33 GTS-T got the RB25DET. It is super common to see an RB25DET in an R32 GTS-T.
CincinnatiFiero

The Dark Side of Will wrote:It's pretty darned amazing that car is only three years newer than the Fiero.

Wanna swap powertrains with my BMW? All of my synchros work.
I have a 0 mile factory trainer S38B35 E28 M5 engine on the shelf. If you're looking for exotic BMW drivetrains.

My 4th gear is fine 90% of the time, which is why I'm optimistic fresh quality fluid may extend its life while I look for an R33 gearbox.

Installed an R34 GT-T factory steering wheel in the car last night in place of the aftermarket wheel that was in it.

I've also begun the process of figuring out what crazy-ness went down with the aftermarket stereo in this car, people much such incredible messes when they try to put a CD player in a car. The one in this car has some obnoxious screen that plays videos of sailboats as you drive down the road. I have a much more subtle JVC unit I'm going to put in. I also considered fining a period correct single DIN OEM Nissan stereo to put in it. But for cars that I drive I like to have an aux input anymore.

Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:I am going to take it somewhat back to stock aesthetically
Hope that applies to the interior too. What a mess. I'm positive the new wheel looks better than whatever was on there before.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

CincinnatiFiero wrote: I have a 0 mile factory trainer S38B35 E28 M5 engine on the shelf. If you're looking for exotic BMW drivetrains.
Umm... My dad has an '85 635CSi and wants more power. He's been talking about an LS swap... I'm trying to talk him out of it. S38's typically cost more than he wants to pay for the ponies, but the right price might get him interested. Did you get it on a close out/surplus/excess deal or something?
CincinnatiFiero

Sadly I paid up for it, I'll send you a pm.