I was told I would receive my own forum.

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

CincinnatiFiero

Re: I was told I would receive my own forum.

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Emc209i wrote:
CincinnatiFiero wrote:I am going to take it somewhat back to stock aesthetically
Hope that applies to the interior too. What a mess. I'm positive the new wheel looks better than whatever was on there before.

You know it does, OEM leather wrapped R32 GTR shift knob was sourced on ebay.co.uk this morning.

Still looking for a great set of 5x114.3 wheels to replace those 3 spokes.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Mileage and post some engine pics.
CincinnatiFiero

Its an RB26 with stock charge piping and a pod filter

Looks a lot like this

CincinnatiFiero

crzyone wrote: Be careful of redline fluid, there are parts in a R32 transmission that apparently get eaten up by it. It's only good for the short term.
Drove the car the other day and the transmission never misbehaved. I spoke to Redline, why not just call the people who make the stuff than continue to read online speculation right? They confirm that some of the additives in the shockproof will eventually corrode the synchros. The Skyline calls for a GL4 75/90, he advised I got to their MT90. I had a Mercedes 190E 5speed with lower miles than the Skyline, trans would occasionally be notchy. I drained the fluid which looked original and black, put in Redline ATF (mercedes specs for atf in their sticks) and 3 years later the car still shifts flawlessly. I'm hoping fresh fluid helps. I have the car up in the air to pull the steering rack to have it rebuilt as its leaking on one side. I am going to change the transmission, transfercase (Nissan MaticD oil, $6.47 at the local dealer), and the front diff, which is a GL5 75/90 as preventative maintenance.

Also, looking under the car the Slave cylinder is obviously new, I need to make sure it is properly bled. Had a lot of Mercedes where POs didn't get the clutch hydraulics bled right.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Anything new?
CincinnatiFiero

Steering rack was leaking so I dropped it off at a local rebuilder.

Changed the diffs to Redline 75/90, got Nissan MaticD for the transfer case, and MT90 for the transmission.

Got a "JUN" style front lip for it. Have the bumper off to get the new lip mounted properly.

Also in the process of removing whatever alarm and lighting BS someone put on this car.

I'm going to sell my M3 and keep this car for a while, so I need to ship-shape it to get it to the level of quality I like my cars to be.

Found a New Old Stock leather wrapped R32 GTR factory shift knob on ebay.co.uk so that is en route. Still waiting on some other stuff I bought, replacement for a cracked reverse light, etc.

NOS key blank cut, I am going to use the worn one and keep the new one in a plastic sleeve with my service records.

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I can't wait to see what kind of FD you'll have in 8 years. JK...

I love GTR keys, very few cars come with anything cool like that anymore. I hate keyless BS they have these days.
CincinnatiFiero

I have actually been looking at FDs haha. Fair number of 1992s around. Realistically I won't have the GTR forever. So an early FD could be the stopgap until I get an R33 GTR. I've also had a super bizarre soft spot for R33 sedans. Didn't non GTRs come out in 1993? Either way, time to clean up and enjoy an R32 GTR for now, plenty more cars in the future
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I've never been a fan of the R33, it's the most bland of the GTRs to me. Maybe tied with the R35. To it's credit, it was the first production car to be under 8 minutes around the Nürburgring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Oh1CHu7ig

Be like God Foot, skip the R33 lol.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

crzyone wrote:I hate keyless BS they have these days.
I love it. Wish older vehicles had it.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Spoken like someone that hasn't owned a GTR key.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

I mean, it's a neat looking key, if that's what you bought it for. My baby gets in the BMW, Jag, or Lexus, and the entire interior moves around her to her preferences, stations, and temperature. I walk up to the cars and it sees my key, back to my settings before I've got the door open - even down to the clock chiming on the hour and a 3 flash turn signal when I bump the stalk. You get used to that and then get back into an older car. Gotta adjust the seat, move the mirrors, change the radio, set the AC. That gets old. Never taking the key out of your pocket is icing on the cake.
Lou and Blue

Post by Lou and Blue »

My buddy here on Long Island has a skyline that he imported.
CincinnatiFiero

Can't I have it both ways?

Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

:good:
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Emc209i wrote:I mean, it's a neat looking key, if that's what you bought it for. My baby gets in the BMW, Jag, or Lexus, and the entire interior moves around her to her preferences, stations, and temperature. I walk up to the cars and it sees my key, back to my settings before I've got the door open - even down to the clock chiming on the hour and a 3 flash turn signal when I bump the stalk. You get used to that and then get back into an older car. Gotta adjust the seat, move the mirrors, change the radio, set the AC. That gets old. Never taking the key out of your pocket is icing on the cake.
That's a really convenient feature for multi-driver cars. Audi had it as far back as my Ex's 2002 A6, which still resides at my house. You can program a key to associate with a set of seat and mirror positions (and more things on more modern cars) so that you don't have to play with any of that crap when you swap cars.

For single-driver cars (like my Fieros or the Ferrari) it's a non-thing.
crzyone wrote:Spoken like someone that hasn't owned a GTR key.
Try a Ferrari key ;)
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: For single-driver cars (like my Fieros or the Ferrari) it's a non-thing.
Try a Ferrari key ;)
Will, I think for a car to be considered "single-driver" it has to be driven at least once. :crazy: lol
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
CincinnatiFiero

Don't have any pictures but the steering rack is back from the rebuilder, got it put in the other night and installed it with some polyurethane mounting bushings.

Local S13/S14 friends told me to get an aluminum steering coupler instead of the stock rubber one for better steering feel. Its trivial to replace with the rack out and it was $12, so I got one and put it in. Car needs to get aligned now with the new rack in it, but no more puddle in my garage.

I'm really not the biggest modified car person so tracking this down made me super happy.

using partsouq.com I found some diagrams and some OEM part numbers, called my local dealer and they ordered me some clips and they came in next day. My grille has always rattled so now for $13 and a days wait, it rattles no more with brand new OEM hardware.

Before the OEM shift knob went on. That the JVC radio I have in there now, no big stupid screen with sailboats on it, a real knob for volume and still has an AUX in.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

It shares running gear with other Nissan models, right?
I've seen an R32 and IIRC it used Z32 300ZX front suspension, and it, the Z32 and the S13/14 all share the same rear suspension, which is a 5 link setup... wild stuff. A supercar with cheap Nissan parts bin parts.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

ericjon262 wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote: For single-driver cars (like my Fieros or the Ferrari) it's a non-thing.
Try a Ferrari key ;)
Will, I think for a car to be considered "single-driver" it has to be driven at least once. :crazy: lol
Touche, but I have to keep the dream alive.