Going to the dyno Sept 26 2006

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Kohburn wrote: its like starting with a stock dsm - leaving the turbo alone but giving it a sweet intake, a massive intercooler, and a high flowing 3" exhaust. it would gain some power, but the system can flow more air than the turbo at that point. so seemingly upgrading the turbo could double the output, but it wasn't just the turbo that caused the increase it was all the supporting mods. don't know why shaun is trying to portray it as anything else - its the same shit he hassles people on OE for doing.
Dude upgrading that other stuff just goes without saying. I mean why put a turbo with a larger 3 inch exhaust on it, and then use a stock 2 inch downpipe? Or are you going to have a 2 inch intake pipe mating up to a 4 inch turbo inlet? It makes no sense. I consider that part of the turbo upgrade adding a larger intake and downpipe.. I think you are misunderstanding me.

But if you don't think I am right look at the Ford GT40. It can do 800 whp with twin Gt35R turbos on stock fuel and stock intercooler. Can you use the stock Gt40 intake with two turbos? No. So it goes without saying you need to fab those up making it part of the turbo swap. Same with the exhaust.

So the GT40 can do 800 whp on 19 psi on stock fuel and such. Can the Eaton M112 make that much power on 19 psi? Hell fucking no. Meaning the turbos are that much more efficient and flow more air. Eff plays a huge roll man. Which is why Matt HAwkins gained 100 whp with just a turbo swap.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
product1620

Post by product1620 »

Show me a GT40 with twin turbos, and I will virtually kiss your feet. :la:
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

product1620

Post by product1620 »

He said "Ford GT40" not "Ford GT" :la:
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
whipped

Post by whipped »

donk_316 wrote: Image
I would have owned you in a race... hahaha
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

whipped wrote:
I have no doubt in my mind that if my N* was tuned it would wax my skyline. Its the fact that it is greatly detuned from factory that is cool. For the cost of my N* swap I could make my skyline 500-600hp and I could beat on it all day long not worrying about breaking things.

Yeah, stock skyline isn't that fast in a straight line but it has unlimited aftermarket to make it as fast as you can afford.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

whipped wrote:
unless it was a race with turns.
A Skyline would own a Fiero in teh twisties!!

Stock they aren't fast. I think most people know this. Its the potential hp that is so easily obtained from these cars that I think makes them a great bargain.

That Tein suspension is blign shit. Its liek $4k or something fully adjustable by the touch of a button.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Basing a race off of my dyno graph is misleading... if you assume you would win because the graph says 220 then i will put 100 bucks on a race saying i would win in the 1/4

My car has way more than 230hp... cmon. Another GTR with same mods on a MustangDyno dynod at 275hp but with a weight of 3200 in the computer.

Seriously. heres a thread of local (canadian) GTRs and GTS

Levi, your Skyline would kill your N*. The skyline has MUCH better gearing, 4.11 final drives and more power.
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
whipped

Post by whipped »

donk_316 wrote:Basing a race off of my dyno graph is misleading... if you assume you would win because the graph says 220 then i will put 100 bucks on a race saying i would win in the 1/4
How about... if I win, this section gets deleted or renamed something fiero related, like DOHC engines... :thumbleft:
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

bench racing FTL.

I would like to see it though. Get it on video. :popcorn:
whipped

Post by whipped »

crzyone wrote: I have no doubt in my mind that if my N* was tuned it would wax my skyline. Its the fact that it is greatly detuned from factory that is cool. For the cost of my N* swap I could make my skyline 500-600hp and I could beat on it all day long not worrying about breaking things.

Yeah, stock skyline isn't that fast in a straight line but it has unlimited aftermarket to make it as fast as you can afford.
How much did you spend on your swap though? I bet for the cost of your swap minus my swap, I could make the same power and beat on it all day without worrying about breaking things.....

It would be an auto, but it would put down the power reliably... :la:
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Okay deal. Seriously. Ill jump on a Dynojet and see over 300hp at the rear wheels at the end of november (when i get back from work)
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
whipped

Post by whipped »

We race by this wednesday... If you're gonna upgrade your turbo(s) it's not going to be a fair race... otherwise I get a turbo too. :afrocool:
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

No nothing changes on my car. Just going to go from a mustang dyno to a Dynojet. Nothing else.

I fly out of the country wed morning and have my kids all weekend.
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
whipped

Post by whipped »

I wish you lived somewhere other than BFE.

How do you plan on getting 80 more hp without changing anything?

did you just edit that, or am I that bad at reading?
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

turbonator?
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

going from a mustang to a dyno jet and a couple more lbs of boost MIGHT do it. Will be higher then 230 though. Sorry. Should be higher.

too bad you aren't ever goign to line up. I wanted to be the flagger

whipped

Post by whipped »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:going from a mustang to a dyno jet and a couple more lbs of boost MIGHT do it.
at least... mustang vs dynojet, the dynojet will read about 15% higher. So that's 253hp.

Benchracing here... if you changed nothing, it would be a close race. I've got weight on my side, but stock (205? 215?) tires.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Oh! that graph you posted is from the first time...

I have a new one here thats 30ft-lbs higher and 2psi more

My last run will be a full stage 1 dyno run on a dynojet.

I need a boost controller to run 14+psi (till fuel starts to go too lean for safety) and im going to decat also. So i guess i am changing something.

Here is the last run. The baseline is the first run i did on the 26th.
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Ryan, you running the 4T80e?

It would be a close race, the fiero is also quick off the line. Shaun is right, as soon as you putting corners into the equation the skyline will win hands down.

Ryan, I would have to say that $/hp would go to the skyline to get to the 5-600hp range.

I've never heard of a fiero that has that much hp lasting more than a few 1/4 mile runs, let alone standing up to constant abuse.