crzyone's R32 GTR updates, parts and pics

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Re: crzyone's R32 GTR updates, parts and pics

Post by crzyone »

It would look cool but the rolling mass would be a bit much. Not sure the car would turn very will with tires that big.
FASTER_Donk

Post by FASTER_Donk »

Speaking of Vipers...

Levi WTF man I thought you died or some shit! How was the wedding? Glad to see you are keeping my car in such good condition!
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Well holy shit. Welcome back lol. Did you buy a Viper?
FASTER_Donk

Post by FASTER_Donk »

I dont want to jinx it and say yes because its been a fuck show but yes... haha! Working on it. Google 2009 Viper VOI edition and thats her. Before I pull the trigger on that one im trying to buy a new one out of Toronto who was recommended to me by another Viper guy.

ANYWAYS!

WTF man my number hasnt changed (I dont think?) so text me one of these days. Im currently in Austria till Nov 22 then off to Cuba for a week to get married!!!!!

MY GTR LOOKS GREAT THOUGH! Good job!
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Congrats man, haven't even met the bride to be. Too bad you never come north lol.

Nice car. Figures you go for something "reliable". Just think of what you would have if you kept your Skyline lol. Probably something like mine in the 700whp range. That's what I'm aiming for anyways.
FASTER_Donk

Post by FASTER_Donk »

Yeah man I got tired of dealing with used stuff. Drove me crazy.

Having said that the Old Silver Bullet looks amazing!! SO much work done to her. Well done. Im happy shes alive again. I know the shit show you have gone through with this car. I know Cam is a fuckball. It seems every shop associated with that car turned out to be horrible. Subracing? Autotemp? Camspeed? Well it looks like you nearly have it all sorted. So so cool.

I still have my black harley, a 93" shovel chopper i built (dont know if you saw that?) a 1942 WLA i am just finishing a ground up resto on and a 1952 M38 CDN military jeep that is one of my next projects.

The Viper is for me to just be an old man in. I barely fit... Needs my favorite word now... MODIFICATIONS! Lower the seats, headers and exhaust and MOPAR ECU and i should be good for 580 at the wheels. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) Thats about as good as it gets for a 200-2010 Viper without ditching the VVT and mopar brains.

ANYWAYS I dont mean to clutter up your thread. Its good to see the same old names. AND Aaron is still a fag.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Is that donk, as in like donk316 or whatever his name was? No kidding! Wow a 1993 Harley?!?! I bet that thing has like, 52 horsepower!
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
FASTER_Donk

Post by FASTER_Donk »

Aaron wrote:Is that donk, as in like donk316 or whatever his name was? No kidding! Wow a 1993 Harley?!?! I bet that thing has like, 52 horsepower!
Aaron you silly little douche :) Ofcourse its me. Hows your gay fiero? Held together with duct tape and broken dreams? Good job!

93" as in cubic inches. Its a Harley... Its not meant to go fast. Hell, that bike isnt even meant to be ridden. Its a show bike.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Fiero is about the same as it has been for a few years, I've lost interest. It still runs/drives really well, and with 417 to the wheels it's quick, just bored with it, moved onto other things. Some day I wouldn't mind building a really nice 88GT around a 3.6 turbo, but for now it's all about my Jeep and my bike, which has a lot less than 93 cubic inches.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

crzyone wrote:It would look cool but the rolling mass would be a bit much. Not sure the car would turn very will with tires that big.
Why wouldn't it turn on 335's?
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I don't know. Only repeating what others have said. Because Japanese drivers have time attack cars on 265s then that's what everyone should run...

315 R comps all around or even slicks would be interesting. With our short tracks and 6 laps I don't think they would come to full temp before the session is over. If I were to endurance race the car it would be something to think about.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

I wonder if Hoosier A6's would last 6 laps on such a light car before they overheated. 335's all around on such a light car results in a pretty low contact pressure, so the tires won't be working very hard.

Running a harder compound would make that a GREAT car for One Lap of America...
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

crzyone wrote: I think I'll work on the FD today. Would be nice to get it in a running state so I can get it to a paint booth. Going to be amazing when it's done too.

I'd like to see an update on the InitialD project!
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:
I'd like to see an update on the InitialD project!
Just dropped her off at my rotary mechanic to get the rest of the wiring swap done and put back together while I work on the GTR. :good:

So I am in the process of pulling the twins right now. Good riddance, so frigin tight in this engine bay... Emptied my catch can for the first time since installing it and low and behold, a lot of thin oil / gasoline or what I assume is gasoline from the blow-by vapors. Not even worried. I'm going to install my new turbo and boost the shit out of it and if it blows up I'll start anew with a N1 race block and go from there.

I'm off again on the 25th and I'll continue ripping her apart and take some pics.

Also just bought a titanium exhaust for her.. Going to sound soooooo gooooood.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171054057049?ss ... 3348wt_916
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

crzyone wrote:I'm going to install my new turbo and boost the shit out of it and if it blows up I'll start anew with a N1 race block and go from there.
If you blow up the RB, go VR38
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Call me old fashioned but I like the straight 6.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

The R34 Getrag 6 speed transmission is the same 420G used in BMW M3's and M5's, right?

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, BMW's S6S-420G used in a variety of applications is the Getrag 226, while the Supra and Skyline have the Getrag 233
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getrag

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getrag_233_transmission

I guess I need to do more research on these configurations. I glance at an ebay auction for a Supra transmission and it looked VERY similar to the BMW transmission.

I was wondering if the R34 Skyline rear case could be used on a BMW transmission to make building an AWD 6 speed BMW easier.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Might just be easier to swap in an RB with the transmission attached. Upgrade!

Exhaust showed up. Frigin awesome. Sooo light and shiny. Between this exhaust and a screamer DP my car should sound like that white R34 everyone drools over. :-D

ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

that's sexy right there.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Amusing image that turned up in a google search for something completely unrelated: