What would you do? A shop "borrows" your car...

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

donk_316 wrote:In Canada things are a little different...

Anything under $25,000 is considered "small claims".

And there is NOTHING that i can charge the kid AND / OR the business with. The only person in this case that can press charges is the business on to the kid.

Will - The $11,000 includes Re/re twin plate clutch, re/re turbos, re/re engine.

however you CAN press a gun to his head. or other carious objects.

no wonder your crime rate is so low down there.
An american already would have had the kid typed up in his basement assemebling cheap knock off sunglasses untell he had paid off his dept
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Putting a "gun to his head" doesnt fix my car.... which is the issue.
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
VR6in

Post by VR6in »

I would threaten to publicize the whole situation. It would be alot easier then taking everything to court, its deffinatly worth a try. Anyone who heard about what you've been through with this shop would never think of going there.. And i would also threaten to report them to the Better Business Bureau. I know with out a doubt that you would win in court, but court dates dont always come quick.... Also i would give Valerie Oczkowski a call, she gets alot of results when things go on the evening news on her consumer watch show.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

That's a really good idea, and should have great affects if the owner knows anything about business.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

VR6in wrote:I would threaten to publicize the whole situation. It would be alot easier then taking everything to court, its deffinatly worth a try. Anyone who heard about what you've been through with this shop would never think of going there.. And i would also threaten to report them to the Better Business Bureau. I know with out a doubt that you would win in court, but court dates dont always come quick.... Also i would give Valerie Oczkowski a call, she gets alot of results when things go on the evening news on her consumer watch show.
thats usually the way to go - thats how i'm handling getting my trans replaced since the car to me with 4.5 quarts too much fluid in it.
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

As I said earlier... Viral Marketting Campaign. :thumbleft:
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

This thread on a local board has been kept upto date. Its 10 pages long and the "kid" reads it but wont say anything.

http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread. ... adid=50986
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

You know, it's entirely possible that they are waiting to get sued so that they can put it on their liability insurance...
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

I have to appologize for my lack of interest here... after having the car for a whole month then seeing it in pieces since Oct 14th has basically killed any need to talk about or bench race about cars.
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

donk_316 wrote:I have to appologize for my lack of interest here... after having the car for a whole month then seeing it in pieces since Oct 14th has basically killed any need to talk about or bench race about cars.
mine has been semi useless for a year - i know how you feel
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Heres an update:

Im at work now so the kid left a voice mail on the home phone. Said that if i didnt sue the owner and the business he would pay me $5500. AND if i didnt drop the suit against the business and the owner that the owner was going to press charges against the kid and i should feel sorry for him..

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!

Half way there.... he also said something along the lines of how only i really know the true cost of fixing my car once again hinting that the shop (Subracing) is over pricing by charging $11,000...

unreal.
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

sweet dude, they know they don't have a case. That $5500 might pay for a new long block, but is a ways from buying you 2 turbos and a 2 disc clutch.

Does the kid think labor is free?

I think its funny that he is low-balling you. I just wish he would tell you exactly what he did with the car. 600km on regular gas tearing up Edmonton? Wonder if he popped the turbos right off the bat or if he did it near the end....
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I'd like to know, too...

The clutch is obvious... he just can't drive.

But the engine AND turbos? I bet he overboosted it cold and spent the rest of the joyride thinking "Oh shit, I just fucked this car up... I hope it gets better when it warms up...".
Mr. Pat

Post by Mr. Pat »

Any updates?
86 GT, LT1/4T60-E...slower than a crippled dog.
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

Ultimately the shop is responsible for the actions of it's employee. How could they allow an employee to take a customers car for his own use? :scratch:
They should pay for any repairs as I don't think the kid will be able to afford to pay for them, especially if he gets fired for this.
When you sue you need to make sure that all parties involved get mentioned in the lawsuit, that way you have your bases covered.
The company probably has insurance to cover a loss like this anyway and you shouldn't have to pay for anything including your legal fees. Make sure you include those in your lawsuit.
If you can prove your loses to a judge I'm sure he will be willing to find in your favor for that amount.
The bottom line is the shop is responsible for letting this kid take your car for his own use, so now they should pay for whatever damages this kid caused. Don't concern yourself with what happens to this kid afterwards, he too needs to learn a lesson for his misdeed.
I treat others as they treat me
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

lmao! oh man... i giggled for 10 min after that. thanks stimp!
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

rick click save as. :salute: