BV MotorSports GTR experience

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

BV MotorSports GTR experience

Post by crzyone »

I remembered an old thread from BV on Old Europe back when he went over to the UK. He had a ride in an R33 GTR and this was his post.
BV Motorsports wrote: Dude, thats sweet. But the Clifford alarm decal is now backwards... tisk tisk.

Mark is the owner. Heck of a nice guy. He went into more detail about the car. It was imported thru middlehurst (?) Nissan. Its the only Nissan dealer in the UK and deals with the Skyline. It has the NISMO stage 1 engine and suspension upgrades plus an HKS intake setup on it. The car has been lowered with NISMO springs and has their front and rear strut tower braces. This car rides kinda like a lowered fiero. Its really firm and actually felt a bit nervous. He said it hasnt been aligned in a while so that may be the problem.
Now with that being said. Mark pulled out on to the 2 lane road. Brought the RPM up to 6k and side stepped the clutch. It was neat watching the torque split guage jump from 0 to 50%. That car did a freggen AWD burnout and felt like it got hit in the rear by a dump truck! Next thing I know I look over and we are doing 135mph (speedo reads to 180mph). We are freggen flying down this country road. I aint scared to tell you all that I turned a pale white. I was scared to death. Those of you in the UK understand. We are well over twice the legal speed on a dinky 2 lane twisty country road. I say wow this thing is fast... you can slow down now. He flys up on a little Renualt and downshifts and passes the guy around a turn. I just know there is going to be a freggen tractor or something but we were past the car in a blink of the eye. Man the boost comes on hard! We turn down a 1 lane road. This road is wet and has mud all over it. He says, this is why a V-Spec is worth 2x the price of a standard Skyline. We dive into a turn at about 60mph (I wouldnt have tried it at 30 in the WRX) the back of the car steps out and he looks over and casually says now you have to get into the throttle and it will straighten out. I look at the torque splitting guage and sure enough it jumps to 40% and we go from a 4 wheel drift to straight on course. WOW What a killer car. Its so smart it actually makes you look like a better driver. We stop and he says, wanna have a go at it? I say hell yeah but I aint driving like you!
We swap seats and I stall it. Damn right hand drive. The clutch is a triple plate and its heavy and touchy. I bring her up on the revs and give it a holeshot. Wow! 8k RPM and I pull 2nd. Thats enough for me. Im sold. We cruise back to his shop. I am in love. I have to have this car.
Now you wanna know whats really funny? Its a big car. I'd say atleast as big as a new monte carlo. The trunk..... About as wide and a little longer than a fieros trunk but 1/2 as deep. The battery sets in the area below the package tray along with the factory amp and some stuff for the AWD/AWS stuff.
If you all dont mind. I'll post some more pics from when I go to the Skyline dealership this Saturday.

Steven

His impression of the car is dead on, pretty cool story. From this thread
http://www.fiero.com/forum/Archives/Arch ... 35554.html