Darkhorizon + a budget more than a hamburger =

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

darkhorizon

Darkhorizon + a budget more than a hamburger =

Post by darkhorizon »

T67, nitrous, built trans, decent cam, 130# springs.

I will need a cage to race legally, I am planning on needing a full cert'd cage, if not with this turbo, the next turbo I get should require a serious cage.

Mounts are finished, but no pictures can be posted due to the welds not being painted...

Old exhaust failure. This was a ZZP power log.

Some crappy final mockup pictures.

Got 3 cans today $75 each for a 5gal.

My fiero is cheaper than yours. The end.
Shaun41178(2)

Re: Darkhorizon + a budget more than a hamburger =

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Looking to post some bit numbers with the race gas.

Is that the crossover that was on the grand prix? Just curious because of the wastegate location.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

Crossover is stock with the heat wrap removed and a wastegate welded in. Front manifold is an off the shelf Chinese zzp stainless plower-log....

Numbers should be pretty insane on the spray. Goal is 600,and I hope to hit the zzp dyno on friday or saturday afternoon. Going to the strip on Saturday evening, private rental with zzp.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I hope to see some video. Should be pretty sweet. good luck and lets hope nothing breaks
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

How close to X do you think you'll be with that setup? :crazy:
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Aww common... no more VGT diesel turbo's?
Last edited by Emc209i on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

How close to X do you think you'll be with that setup?
I hope to have him asking himself how close he can get to me by the end of the season.

I want 10.5s this weekend. I have a strong feeling it will be alot faster than that.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

You've been talking shit since I joined Old Europe in what '06? Don't disappoint.
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

10.50s with nitrous and race gas? Lets hope the trans, axles, and tires are willing to cooperate.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I don't think Milan will be a well enough prepped track to get you 10.50's but who knows. 600 whp on the spray should net mid 130 traps, but you will have to come out of the hole pretty quick to get a mid 10. I am thinking 1.5's or so. Thats a lot to ask for a small drag radial even if all the weight is over the rear wheels.

Def can't wait to see what happens though.
Jinxmutt wrote:How close to X do you think you'll be with that setup? :crazy:
I think DH is more worried about being faster then all those fast v8 swaps V8Archie has done over the years, you know that 13.9 is so tough to beat Oh wait Dh already beat it? Oh, well, then ummm hmmmm, You know, because DH can't make anything fast, and how he has piston envy and so on and so forth. :-D

CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:
I think DH is more worried about being faster then all those fast v8 swaps V8Archie has done over the years, you know that 13.9 is so tough to beat Oh wait Dh already beat it? Oh, well, then ummm hmmmm, You know, because DH can't make anything fast, and how he has piston envy and so on and so forth. :-D
darkhorizon wrote:
How close to X do you think you'll be with that setup?
I hope to have him asking himself how close he can get to me by the end of the season.

I want 10.5s this weekend. I have a strong feeling it will be alot faster than that.
%)
alltrbo

Post by alltrbo »

I think you'll run a lot slower than that, maybe a 12.7 @ 84mph.
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

Drag radial? Hardly... wrinkle walls / L8 tread is the only way to fly.

I have already cruised to a 10.something@0.23mph with completely gone DRs, a 1.7-1.6ish 60ft, and a giant hole in my exhaust. I never posted it, because the timeslip was broke and it read 11.5 with a 2.2 60ft (and then the track day got rained out.. seeing why I never posted it now?). I would keep up with Justin from a roll, and he trapped 130+ish... so I expected to be trapping in the 127 range before, on small turbo, small IC, E85.... I basically just doubled my game in every case... 1/4 times are going to be the goal here, but the traps should show some good power numbers if I can get this thing out the back door hard enough with this small cam.

The only part that fierox has me beat at is turbo size, and its not by a sizable margin.... I have way better heads/cam/intercooler/gas/compression/tuning/trans/axles/mounts/tires/suspension/intake mani/nitrous/antilag/weight.... so unless I do something really wrong... You can see why I said I expect 10.5s on low boost.
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

Are you running skinnies in the front? Hope it doesn't get to twitchy if you're keeping your radials up there.... Otherwise, tear that track up man...
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

Twitchy front ends are more fun than frontrunners... I cant really find a frontrunner I want in 5x100 anyway.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

once again good luck. lets hope it stays togethor.

darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

Got everything going well, put 2ish cars on a 600 from a roll dialing in the tune on E85. 90% IDC on E85... I expect to run that sort of IDC when I put the C16 in.
alltrbo

Post by alltrbo »

OBTW, I'm sure you know this, but it absolutely has to be said for the record. :D

Clear video and clear timeslip or it didn't happen. Oh, and please do not cut off the video right at the end, before they show the E.T. and trap. :good:

Oh, and please go pick up a damned tripod first, they're cheap. I bought mine at the thrift store for $3, works like a charm! I absolutely hate getting motion sick just by amusingly watching some internet badass try to prove to the rest of the internet badasses that he's more badass than they are. :crazy:
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

If I go fast enough, I wont be posting video lol. A car like mine running fast makes more money than posting videos online is worth.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

thats crap.