Introduction, TDC swap into '87 GT

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

RamcoMachine

Introduction, TDC swap into '87 GT

Post by RamcoMachine »

Hello all,
We are Ramco Machine (and dyno), in SLC, UT, and we recently hired a new guy. In showing him around, we showed him a DOHC 3.4L V6 we rebuilt, and want to sell since the customer abandoned it. Well, the new guy started talking about how it might interest a Fiero enthusiast, and today we revealed that we have a neglected '87 Fiero GT 5-speed out behind our shop. He wants to buy it, we want to sell the '93 TwinDualCam for maybe $1,000.00, but the more we think about it, the more fun this swap sounds. Tomorrow we'll post pics of the car and the engine.
Shaun41178(2)

Re: Introduction, TDC swap into '87 GT

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

excellent. welcome to RFT. looking fwd to seeing what happens with this. there have been a few on this forum that has done this swap.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

welcome to RFT, sounds like a fun project.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
RamcoMachine

Post by RamcoMachine »

Hi,
So on lunch break, one of us signed in to here on a ZTE smartphone, tapped on reply, tapped on attachments, tapped on camera, made a pic of the engine, tapped on the checkmark, then got a message that the file was too large. This got repeated twice more before giving up. Now what?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Welcome!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

The file from your phone needs to be resized. There is a size limit on pics you can attach. I think its around 250k or so
FieroWanaBe1

Post by FieroWanaBe1 »

I've done the swap, its super easy, if you have a 5 speed car.
Wiring, and exhaust is all it really takes. all the ancillary stuff I made work with some creative grinding and pieces from the Fiero and 3.4 engine.
My engine is/was a 96.

Do you have an ECU/harness?
car.