Anybody got wiring diagrams for an 86 2.8?

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

shemdogg

Anybody got wiring diagrams for an 86 2.8?

Post by shemdogg »

Picked up a kit car on a fiero frame w lotsa issues. Headlights and right signal dont work. I found a butchered harness at the rear of the car that was rubbing on the back tire. I found the brake light and left signal wire. Is the headlight wire the orange one coming off the top of the switch? Any help much appreciated

shem
FieroWanaBe1

Re: Anybody got wiring diagrams for an 86 2.8?

Post by FieroWanaBe1 »

There used to be service manuals available online. It looks like they have been taken down. I can put them on google drive tomorrow night. PM me your email for access.
car.
shemdogg

Post by shemdogg »

Ok I got it figured out. The orange wire to the headlight switch wasnt getting power, corroded contacts on the fuse and its plugs in the box. Cleaned hem up, got power to the orange wire, now the black wire sends out power when the switch is on. I found the side marker lights get power from the switch so I ran the headlights off that and ran new circuits to the back for running and right turn signal. Still no reverse but ill bet the tranny switch is the cause of that.

shem
FieroWanaBe1

Post by FieroWanaBe1 »

I havent forgot to uoload the file. Ive just been busy. Ive neen living in airports this week and have only been home for one night.
I got your PM and I'll share the file once i get it on google drive.
car.
shemdogg

Post by shemdogg »

No worries man, im just going to run a new circuit for that too. the black wire stopped putting out power now. I made a new harness for the rear lights so everything theres new.

shem