Tips on pulling intake manifold

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

shemdogg

Tips on pulling intake manifold

Post by shemdogg »

Drove the car to the gas station n filled up(gas gauge broken), went to window shop (windshield is siliconed in n missing trim totally loose can push out by hand lol ). Parked n shut off the car, A worker comes out and asks me to back up. Car wont start so he helped me push it back 10'. I was there 20 mins waiting for them to bring the new windshield and its not showing till monday. car started up and drove 1/2 mile and shut off at idle at a light n wouldnt restart. Pushed it to the curb, waited 5 mins, wiggled the coil wire, kicked the fuse box(dont think either of those did anything) Car started up n I hauled ass home (2 miles from home). Got home and the engines burning oil, lil smoke coming off the motor. Trans is covered in fresh oil and I see a drip dripping on the rt cv axle. Jack up the back as high as I can get it, set the stands n look around. I see oil coming off the top of the engine and looking from the top theres a puddle of oil in a valley under the distribtor. So im guessing its the intake mani to block seal has gone. That areas covered in ages of gunk so im sure its been leaking for awhile. Looks like a biotch of a job too. Engine is running rough, threw a fuel filter at it today n no change. Got an exhaust leak I cant feel but can hear mostly around the exhaust mani to cross over pipe at the rear.

So any tips, things to be careful with, parts I should replace while im in there. Is that the fuel pressure regulator under the upper intake? :crazy:

shem
FieroWanaBe1

Re: Tips on pulling intake manifold

Post by FieroWanaBe1 »

I bet its your distributer O-ring, not the intake manifold, if someone used a head set or similar gaskets on the motor, the O-rings provided with those fel-pro sets are not as robust as the Dealer O-rings. Either way, you need to replace it if you pull the intake.
Buy that O-ring from the dealer.
car.
shemdogg

Post by shemdogg »

Good call I didnt even think of that, ill try that first

shem
shemdogg

Post by shemdogg »

Fierowannabe U da man man! Distributor oring fixed the leak! no more drips on the ground

thank u
shemmy