~450lb/in. Front Springs for Cheap

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

neophile_17

~450lb/in. Front Springs for Cheap

Post by neophile_17 »

Hey guys,

I figured I'd share some info while I wait for iracing to update. The combination of sage advice gained through this forum and track experience put me in the mind set that I needed stiffer springs up front for the LeMons car. A little math and some catalog searching and I figured out that a cut down spring from the front of a 4th gen Camaro should get us close. Initial reactions are quite good but I'll know for sure in two weeks after the race. The 450lb/in. number is based on a friend on the fender, ruler and 0.8 motion ratio. Hope this helps someone.

Sam
85 GT LeMons Car LA1/LX9 Hybrid
85 SE LZ4 Pending...
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: ~450lb/in. Front Springs for Cheap

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Interdasting. I'll be converting my front end to coil overs over the winter, though.
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

For pre-88 suspension? Guessing based on your signature.

Bryce
neophile_17

Post by neophile_17 »

Pre-88 is correct. Sorry I didn't see your reply earlier. This was a big improvement and a nice complement to the C4 shocks I modified and installed to control them. I was a little concerned that I would overwhelm the shocks. I think I've hit their limit but they are OK.
85 GT LeMons Car LA1/LX9 Hybrid
85 SE LZ4 Pending...