1992 Pontiac Grand Am GT Sedan Quad4 5-speed

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

Fastback86

1992 Pontiac Grand Am GT Sedan Quad4 5-speed

Post by Fastback86 »

1992 Pontiac Grand Am GT Sedan Quad4 5-Speed Manual

Selling my near-mint ’92 Grand Am to one lucky buyer. My dad ordered this car from the factory way back in ’91 and maintained it meticulously for more than 15 years. He sold it to me a while back when he moved, but I just don’t have use for a second car right now. When he owned it, the Grand Am always lived in the garage and was used mostly for commuting. It’s been the same since I’ve had it, I really haven’t even put that many miles on it. I used to want to steal his drivetrain in the middle of the night and swapping it into my Fiero, but since I sold my Fiero last year, I have no need for it anymore.

This car is about the nicest example of a ’92 Grand Am you’re ever going to find, it was always serviced at the dealer or a reputable shop and just passed Smog with flying colors. A California car from day one, there's not a spot of rust on it and any engine or transmission swappage should be perfectly legal. It’s even a rather rare car, he had to specifically order it to get the GT trim with four doors (for the kids, of course) and the manual transmission in this color. You won’t find many combos like that out there.

The car is fully-loaded with AC, heat, cruise control, power door locks, power mirrors, power windows, power driver’s seat and even fog lights (hey, it was 1992, that IS fully-loaded). Under the hood is a High-Output 180-horsepower Quad4 4-cylinder engine with a five-speed manual transmission. It gets 30 MPG on the highway easy and has plenty of power for getting around traffic. While the car has 149,000 miles on it, the engine itself has less than 50,000 since a professional overhaul. The interior is perfect, not a scratch, rip, tear, stain, dent or crack anywhere.

This car even comes with a few extra goodies. It has a Pioneer stereo and CD player, SonaRadar K40 hard-wired radar detector under the dash, keyless entry with two remotes and nearly new Michelin Pilot tires, all professionally installed. There’s no backyard tinkering or teenage hot rodding with this car, it’s been adult-owned and professional maintained from day one. Every feature on this car works. My dad drove it like an old man, and I’ve driven it very gently myself as it’s just a commuter, not a hot rod. Considering the car’s age, the paint is an 8 out of 10 with only a few scratches and no fading.

Asking $1500. Car is located in Los Angeles, CA, near LAX airport and can be viewed after business hours or on the weekend for locals. I'm extremely busy these days even discounting the holidays, so I won't be able to deliver it to anyone, sorry.

<Insert Sig Here>
CincinnatiFiero

Re: 1992 Pontiac Grand Am GT Sedan Quad4 5-speed

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Pure Sex.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

It's pretty wild to see a GM car from that era in such good shape.

Have you posted on http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/ ?
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:It's pretty wild to see a GM car from that era in such good shape.

Yeah, I told my wife it's in incredible shape...for a '92 Grand Am. She just laughed. I've got a local guy interested, but if it falls through, I'll definitely give that site a shot. Thanks for the link.
<Insert Sig Here>
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

Fastback86 wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote:It's pretty wild to see a GM car from that era in such good shape.

Yeah, I told my wife it's in incredible shape...for a '92 Grand Am. She just laughed. I've got a local guy interested, but if it falls through, I'll definitely give that site a shot. Thanks for the link.
I feel your pain. I had an Achieva SCX that I sold a while back that was in really good shape....for a '93 Achieva. Jessica still thought it was a turd bucket! :( Fortunately, the guy who bought it seemed to be the type that will appreciate it for what it is...or at least, that's what I keep telling myself so I can sleep at night. :wink:

Good luck with the sale!

Bryce
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Today's '92 Grand Am is 2030's 55 Chevy.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

The 2.0 engine came out of a 1988 Grand Am SE with turbo badging. The front end cues reminded me of an early BMW, and the car was in absolutely beautiful shape. It really made me angry someone had just scrapped it.

GLWS, looks like a really clean car.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Sold.
<Insert Sig Here>