FS 87 GT Turbo 3800

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

Turbof

FS 87 GT Turbo 3800

Post by Turbof »

I'm entertaining the idea of selling my 87 GT that I use for road trips in the USA. It's currently at a friend's shop being painted near Lake City, FL and I will be picking it up in February and putting it back in storage at my dad's place in Valdosta, GA.

I've got a baby on the way in April and I could use the extra cash. I'm not dying for it, but it would be nice to have.

Car has the following:

The good:

Car was a West Coast Fiero turbo conversion.
3800 Series II bottom end, series III aluminum upper intake. Custom holly throttle body was added.
I just replaced the existing, worn out, turbo with a new Turbonetics custom made from the factory. It's a fast spool .60 trim, was factory tested to hold 18 psi.
Have 42.5 injectors in a box, haven't installed them yet.
Previous turbo made 308lb of torque with less than 11lb psi. I'd expect it would do much better with the new turbo and a retune.
Full Koni coilover suspension on low profile 18's.
C4 Corvette brake kit.
Haltec ecu, was previously tuned on a dyno at Tru Dyno Sports in North Carolina before I had to replace the turbo.
Gauges (see pictures.)
DVD player.
Front mount battery.
AEM Water/Methanol injection system.
Just installed vented side skirts for placement of an intercooler. Haven't attached an intercooler to the setup yet, as water injection system was sufficient for last dyno run(s)

The car is being repainted right now. Was ugly as a pig before (see pictures.) New color is a deep blood red, metallic. Broken side glass is being replaced with Kahines dark tinted version.

Car runs and drives.

The bad:

Interior could use love. Gray, seats have seen use, needs some love.

Photos:

ImageImage

Hasn't been retuned or dyno'd since the turbo replacement. Those were the numbers running less than 11lb boost.

I'd like to get north of 8k, I'm willing to deliver the car within a 1000 mile region if the purchaser covers the fuel. If I'm out of my mind asking that much, I'll probably just end up shipping it down to Costa Rica now that I'm getting residency (father of a citizen in April :) ) Let me know if anyone might be interested. I'll post pictures of the new paint after the shop finishes.