Aftermarket Wheels

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

ericjon262

Re: Aftermarket Wheels

Post by ericjon262 »

Emc209i wrote: This is a $2500 car.

If you wash the salt off of it it might go up in value. I could post other pictures of your car, but I'm not on a mission to lynch mob you. It's a rats mess; from the front bumper through the interior to the engine bay. Not to say its not a nice starter car that's being put together by an enthusiast who likes it very much. But you can shove that $50,000 valuation bullshit back up the asses of the welfare dwelling fools on the other forum. No one here believes that garbage.

One more thing. Those wheels are dirty as shit. They're a craigslist $400 special in that picture. Cincinnati has some good pointers on selling old vintage stuff.
I have to agree here. the car looks very unfinished to me. things like having the heat exchanger centered in the grill go a long way. the wheels need a serious polish job before they look the part of even a $500 set. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but you should be more realistic. IIRC, a very low miles very mint 88 GT went on barret jackson (where rich people throw money at garbage) for under $20K. so to say this has been appraised at double that... well, you get the point. I have a very large amount of money tied up in my car, but I don't think I would get up to $50K even if I paid $80/hour labor for all the time I have in it. and even then, I would never expect to get 1/10 of that back out. For the most part, cars are poor investment, you build it because you want it, not because you can sell it later for obscene amounts more.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

A set of those Centerlines just sold on the Facebook Fiero group for $700 today...
4thfiero

Post by 4thfiero »

Believe what u guys want,i couldn't really care less about your opinions. All i know if that if someone t-bones me...all i gotta do is present my papers to my insurance company and im good to go. I know that no one will pay 50k for a Fiero whether its worth it or not. This was to cover my butt if ever someone trashes it. (I have seen Fiero's sold at 30k on ebay)

As for the rest of those shotty comment, that's NOT a current up to date picture. Thats just all I had atm. It's not even red anymore. I know the previous pics i posted the car was NOT finished. That was taken JUST as i got it back from my speed shop. (I have the intercooler mounted a little high so it doesnt hit the ground if i hit a bump and damage it. I need to mess with my front bumper more, i changed the style, and THEN i can center it. Some of you need to read closely before commenting like a child.

And as i kept posting too, I KNOW THE WHEELS ARE DIRTY! but when i clean them. there nice and shiny! Like mint. geez...judgmental much?
Last edited by 4thfiero on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
4thfiero

Post by 4thfiero »

Series8217 wrote:A set of those Centerlines just sold on the Facebook Fiero group for $700 today...
I was told in another forum (Old Europe) that those centerlines go for 3-4 grand normally. (Not just 968's...but Fiero specific ones)
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

4thfiero wrote:Believe what u guys want
From a philosophical standpoint, none of us "believe" anything on this forum. We come to the table with knowledge and therefore "know" what is true.

Insurance companies generate large sums of profit by "knowing" the value of something and then Jew'ing it to nothing. I've seen what a payout on a nice Fiero is, and it's nothing. Throwing a stack of receipts at them to prove you've spent a large sum of money on something with no value won't value your car, it's just going to make you look bad. It doesn't work that way.

Here at this forum, we do ALL of our own work because we know we're wasting money otherwise.
4thfiero wrote:I was told in another forum (Old Europe) that those centerlines go for 3-4 grand normally. (Not just 968's...but Fiero specific ones)
We're telling you they don't. And I don't think it's ill conceived that we know more about it than they do. You'll have to find someone with dementia to buy your wheels at that price - which might happen.... The Fiero crowd is getting old.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

I went over to that shit-hole forum to see what you've been up to and found this:

You're kind of a little prick. Electronic rust inhibitor... Waxed the frame... Kid, you're a dumbass.
4thfiero

Post by 4thfiero »

Emc209i wrote:I went over to that shit-hole forum to see what you've been up to and found this:

You're kind of a little prick. Electronic rust inhibitor... Waxed the frame... Kid, you're a dumbass.
Look whose talking, easy to sell tough when your hiding behind a computer numb nuts...went over the forum to see what ive been up too?...WAAAY to much time on your hands. You must be lonely.
4thfiero

Post by 4thfiero »

We're telling you they don't. And I don't think it's ill conceived that we know more about it than they do. You'll have to find someone with dementia to buy your wheels at that price - which might happen.... The Fiero crowd is getting old.[/quote]

I understand that the Fiero crowd is old...SOME ARNT and some have money. You like to put this vast stigma on evey Fiero owner making the decision for them...If you don't want the wheels yourself, THEN DONT POST! it's that simple!
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Nobody wants your brine crusted wheels from the 90's. It's that simple. Go clean your spraypainted car.
4thfiero

Post by 4thfiero »

You are NOT the authority on what ppl want, get your head out of your ass. Your opinions way less than sunlight.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

It "weighs"
CincinnatiFiero

4thfiero wrote:
Series8217 wrote:A set of those Centerlines just sold on the Facebook Fiero group for $700 today...
I was told in another forum (Old Europe) that those centerlines go for 3-4 grand normally. (Not just 968's...but Fiero specific ones)
Did the person who told you that have a set on their own car, and were they not in the market to buy yours? Everyone likes to think their retirement policy is sitting in their garage. However valuations by people who already have one, and aren't interested in buying more aren't worth much.

Trying to buy a car right now from a friend where another friend of his assures him the car is worth $100,000. The fact of the matter is the person putting the number on it just spent $85,000 restoring his and is trying to make himself feel better, like he made a good "investment". The car is worth $20,000 as it sits.

If someone who paid say $1,500 for Centerlines tells you they are worth $4,000 but has no confirmed sales to back that up, nor are they willing to stroke a check for $5,500, then that evaluation "ways less than sunlight"

I'm open to learning these wheels are worth crazy money because I've seen them around, but you need to put them on eBay and show us the completed listing at $4,000+ or find other verified sales of the wheels up there.

So far the only verified sale is Steven's at $700.

Also re-read your policy verbiage, an agreed value is not necessarily what insurance will pay out. Especially on a car where the average value is less than 1/10th of your insured value, they will send a special adjuster out and re-evaluate the car. If you don't have $50,000 in receipts, you probably won't ever see $50,000, and even if you did they'd depreciate the modifications. Also if you're not at fault, the insurer of the person at fault will certainly re-evaluate your car before stroking a $50,000 check for a car with an $1,800 book value. For whatever reason all my friends are insurance adjusters or fraud investigators, and given how many cars I have on agreed value policies, this is a common topic, and agreed value does not equal check for said value. You're insured for "replacement cost" not your "agreed value" and the insurance company will pick the lower of the two numbers.

Very few people are "hating" on you, they are asking legitimate questions about your evaluations, and advising you in ways to get the premium money for your wheels that you are looking for. If you cannot be bothered to wipe off the wheels and take a new picture with the cell phone in your pocket, its hard to take you seriously asking the highest price ever seen for 968s.
draven

Post by draven »

Emc209i wrote: Jew'ing it to nothing.
Hey, I'm 1/8 Jewish!!! :D But that means I get to tell Jew jokes without reprieve.. "What does a Jewish child molester say to a child?, Wanna BUY some candy little girl?"
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

You guys remember when Akursed couldn't sell his turbo car for $10,000.oo?
CincinnatiFiero

That car didn't have an appraisal for $50,000, thus, your comparison is worthless.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

And then he lowered the price to like ~7,500 and still couldn't sell it.. for a long time.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

I'd be surprised if I could get $7500 for my car!
CincinnatiFiero

No turbo, no care. I'll give you $75.00
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Just $75? Remember his aluminum rims aren't rusted. That must add like 20 grand.
FieroWanaBe1

Post by FieroWanaBe1 »

I'm going to be honest here.
If someone is interested in your wheels at $4000 dollars, I will cut your price in half, and hand polish mine for said buyer, and drive out to deliver them.
That is more money than i paid for my entire super-duty 84.
That included the 3000mile car, DGP chin spoiler, scoop and whale tail, SD2.5, 2.7L crank, super-rare EGR port SD head, Vavle cover, 2 barrel intake and carb.... From what Ive seen i couldn't even get $4000 for my engine, even if it ran, let alone the dirty wheels with junk tires.

So ill post:

Center-line wheels $2000 polished and delivered.
car.