Aftermarket Wheels

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

4thfiero

Aftermarket Wheels

Post by 4thfiero »

Hey guys!!! New to this forum! Ive been doing a 2.4l Ecotec turbo build on Old Europe for a while. Engine and stuff is all done and awesome. I currently have 16x7 and 16x8 Centerline 928 racing wheels. But i need something a bit more to hold the power im putting down now. So im selling my centerlines for around $5500 (pm if interested!!) Im getting Volk RE30's now. The only thing i am wondering about is the sizes.

What is the biggest 17'' wheel i can put in the front and rear??? 17x8 and 17x9?

Also i really want the offset to be +25. Normally the re30 doesnt come in that size with that offset in a 5x100 but im getting my volk custom made so that's all good. Just wanna get the sizes right.

My car is an 88 GT
FieroWanaBe1

Re: Aftermarket Wheels

Post by FieroWanaBe1 »

I have a set of the exact same Centerlines. Good luck at that price. I have had a 3 piece set of 18X10 Compomotives quoted for less than that...
There is a picture thread on .nl that shows the limitation to the strut and body work for an assortment of wheel sizes. I would use that as a starting point. I know people have managed to fit 10" wheels under the stock body in the rear (but larger than 17"). Currently, I have a set of 18" C5 Wagon wheels on an A-Body Knuckle with S-10 Hubs, and C4 13" rotors (Not sure how thick the hat is), the wheel is 18 x 9.5 with tire size P265/35R18 offset is +65mm, Back Spacing= 7.5". The wheel needs to be spaced about 10mm to clear the strut, and the spring hat is just hitting the tire by about 5mm from the vertical.
car.
4thfiero

Post by 4thfiero »

My price is my price. im not crazy on selling them since they dont make them anymore. But i do want new wheels. so...im asking what my new ones cost.

What picture r u ref too???
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

I moved this topic to for sale.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

I read your thread on piffle yesterday and lol'd when you told the dude to "go do it then". You got a build thread?
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

4thfiero wrote:My price is my price. im not crazy on selling them since they dont make them anymore. But i do want new wheels. so...im asking what my new ones cost.

Good, because you're not going to. Not at that price, and not when you're too lazy to take pictures. And that's assuming you even have these wheels, there's some doubt about that.
4thfiero

Post by 4thfiero »

Aaron wrote:
4thfiero wrote:My price is my price. im not crazy on selling them since they dont make them anymore. But i do want new wheels. so...im asking what my new ones cost.

Good, because you're not going to. Not at that price: Ummm...are you a psychic? Did i finally stumble upon the great and all knowing!? lol...ive already had 3 serious inq's about the wheels for ppl with money.

and not when you're too lazy to take pictures: Nothing to do with lazyness and everything to do with our weather has sucked lately. Here...enjoy

http://www.fiero.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/000544-4.html

And that's assuming you even have these wheels, there's some doubt about that: LOOOOOOL....some of you guys are ridicules...enjoy the pic.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Old Europe members are stupid. You can ask whatever price you want. They are just haters. I too lolz when you said " go do that" because we all know they won't because they can't afford it.

I don't think you need a wider rim though. I saw you say you wanted a wider tire because of the power you are making. You don't need a wider tire you need a better tire. Don't use WalMart tires and you will be fine. I ran a 225 drag radial on a stock rim and was fine making power power and TQ than your turbo ecotech. I say buy a drag radial and you will be good keeping your current rims
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Let us know if they sell.
4thfiero

Post by 4thfiero »

Ah ic ic, LOL...good to know.

I was chatting with Steven Snyder on wheel/tire sizes and stuff. I sent him my 4 corner weight distribution and he suggested some wheel and tire sizes for my weight distribution. Some of the tires i want only come in larger wheels. Like michelin pilot super sports, or sport cups for track. Thats another reason I wanna go bigger. If i could "convert" my 928 wheels into 17'' from 16'' (lol) i totally would and keep them. I love these wheels...but i love performance more. Im also VERY picky with how my car looks and i really want Volk wheels (re30) on my car...but i need to get them custom built to get the size, offset and bolt pattern correct. Its super frustrating. So far the cheapest i can do this for is 1300 a wheel...plus $400 R&D...if they could do it for 3000 dollars? I'd sell my 928's for 3000 dollars. So i had a few serious inq about the wheels. We will see what happenes. And if anyone knows a place that can "clone" wheels and have decent pricing...let me know!

Thanks everyone!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Try ccw wheels?
4thfiero

Post by 4thfiero »

I did try them...they only build custom wheels of there own design. They dont "clone" :(
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

good luck selling them for that in the Fiero community...
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
4thfiero

Post by 4thfiero »

ericjon262 wrote:good luck selling them for that in the Fiero community...
Thank you for that super useful comment! :-D
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

What he is driving at is most people in the Fiero community spend 1/10th of your asking price on their whole car and then continue to bitch about subsequent $50 expenses.

I was serious about letting us know if they sell, I've passed on 928s on CL before for what I thought was too much money, if you can really pull this kind of money out of them, I'd be curious to know.

Put them on eBay, they are 5x100, if they really are RARE then maybe some VWvortex kid will put them on his credit card, and onto his MK3. The Fiero community isn't much for rare wheels, nor $5,500 expenses. It's hard to bring a "rare" set of wheels there is little known about to market, then have one grainy cell phone shot, and then only advertise them to a limited broke market. I assure you they won't sell on .nl. I'm not saying they are worthless, or not worth your asking price, you ask whatever you want, I am simply advising you that if you're looking for premium money to do some research, advertise them better, and take high quality photos of each wheel and their individual condition.

Good luck with the sale.

Take Stevens advice on the wheels, he knows what he's talking about.
4thfiero

Post by 4thfiero »

Yeah i understand what he's driving at. But doesnt hurt to post the wheels everywhere!

I know most Fiero owners are cheap cheap...but i also know some arnt, i spent a ton on my car, My Fiero was appraised at near 50k after all the work and stuff i put into her and the professional engine swap. Got the papers and everything. Its frustrating bcc what i wanna do with my car, noone has done to a Fiero. its quite the challenge. But i really think i'll have one of the best Fiero's out there once im done.

I will put them on ebay, thats a good idea. I will get better photo's too once i can clean my wheels.

And yeah Steven has been super helpful!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

4thfiero wrote:I did try them...they only build custom wheels of there own design. They dont "clone" :(
I wasnt suggesting they do clone. I thought maybe you would find a ccw that was close to what you wanted when you can save $2k by going with ccw.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

My God, I'd die to know what mine is worth if this is a $50,000 car. I'd guess your appraiser would put mine Near a quarter million. Fuck a Lambo, you could have a 480hp Fiero for the same price! You're straight up delusional if you think your car is worth even a tenth of what your crackhead appraiser said.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

This is a $2500 car.

If you wash the salt off of it it might go up in value. I could post other pictures of your car, but I'm not on a mission to lynch mob you. It's a rats mess; from the front bumper through the interior to the engine bay. Not to say its not a nice starter car that's being put together by an enthusiast who likes it very much. But you can shove that $50,000 valuation bullshit back up the asses of the welfare dwelling fools on the other forum. No one here believes that garbage.

One more thing. Those wheels are dirty as shit. They're a craigslist $400 special in that picture. Cincinnati has some good pointers on selling old vintage stuff.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

It does have the Fiero store side scoop thing. I saw one of those sell for $10 once on the nl.