FS: 88GT

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

mcaanda

FS: 88GT

Post by mcaanda »

Alright you animals -

Decided to see if I can / could sell the car alone without the additional items at which time if this sells, the rest will hit the auction block as well.

Here's a CL link to my ID profile - as this does not change and as CL cycles I will update as needed.

CL Items FS

Can assist in delivery for a fee within a reasonable distance if needed.
Last edited by mcaanda on Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Re: FS: 88GT 5 speed w/ 20k miles and LOTS of additional goo

Post by crzyone »

If I didn't currently own a FD I'd likely be all over this. Good luck with the sale
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Great looking car, good luck with the sale.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

GLWS!

I could make lots of comments about the "not quite classic yet" car market that don't belong in a for sale thread.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: "not quite classic yet"
I'll do it. No way in hell would I pay $6K for a roller. I can buy a better built Japanese car for $2k complete.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Emc209i wrote: I'll do it. No way in hell would I pay $6K for a roller. I can buy a better built Japanese car for $2k complete.
That's not even relevant. You can buy a worse built Japanese car for $10,000 complete to, that doesn't mean anything because this isn't a Nissan GTR or some other car, it's a Fiero, so we can only compare it to the Fiero market. Ya Fiero's may not be classic big block Chargers, but they still have their own market, their own pricing, etc. This is the widely accepted best model to have (88GT 5-spd), low miles.

To be honest, his price is truly quite fair given the condition and mileage, and would be the perfect car for an engine swap since we'd be redoing everything anyway. If it was a color I liked and didn't have the bumper damage, I'd seriously consider buying it.
mcaanda

Post by mcaanda »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:GLWS!
I could make lots of comments about the "not quite classic yet" car market that don't belong in a for sale thread.
Yea, she's not quite a classic yet, but one can dream right? :unknown:
Emc209i wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote: "not quite classic yet"
I'll do it. No way in hell would I pay $6K for a roller. I can buy a better built Japanese car for $2k complete.
Then I guess its not for you. While I do realize that there are some issues with it, its why its an "about" listing on the price. I know that its going to take some time and a little labor to get it back onto the road, but I think that its w/in the ballpark of what the rig plus all the additional items that are going w/ the car are worth. I've seen a number of your other posts and yes your correct - rigs are a bad investment... Im just looking to not loose my shirt AND shorts.
Aaron wrote:
Emc209i wrote: I'll do it. No way in hell would I pay $6K for a roller. I can buy a better built Japanese car for $2k complete.
That's not even relevant. You can buy a worse built Japanese car for $10,000 complete to, that doesn't mean anything because this isn't a Nissan GTR or some other car, it's a Fiero, so we can only compare it to the Fiero market. Ya Fiero's may not be classic big block Chargers, but they still have their own market, their own pricing, etc. This is the widely accepted best model to have (88GT 5-spd), low miles.

To be honest, his price is truly quite fair given the condition and mileage, and would be the perfect car for an engine swap since we'd be redoing everything anyway. If it was a color I liked and didn't have the bumper damage, I'd seriously consider buying it.
Thanks -
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

mcaanda wrote:Im just looking to not loose my shirt AND shorts.
Understood. What's up with the top of the A-pillers btw..?
Aaron wrote:That's not even relevant.
Yes, it is.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

It would need a modern power plant like a 3900 with modern power as it has the parts to make it a good weekend car
mcaanda

Post by mcaanda »

Emc209i wrote: Understood. What's up with the top of the A-pillers btw..?
Not sure - was that way when I bought it years ago. Could have had a crack that was repaired, not really sure. :unknown:
mcaanda

Re: FS: 88GT

Post by mcaanda »

And back w/ a new title and car only. Check out the orig. post for more info.
mcaanda

Post by mcaanda »

SOLD.
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

if you don't mind, how much did it go for?
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
mcaanda

Post by mcaanda »

Just shy of 2K