Need custom CNC machining? Parts not otherwise offered?

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

fieromadman

Need custom CNC machining? Parts not otherwise offered?

Post by fieromadman »

Machinist with a decade of experience and expertise in programming almost anything you can dream of.
Do you need a custom part?
Do you see a part not currently offered, or one that's subpar and you'd like a different rendition of it?
Do you want some custom engraving?
Need fabrication?
I'm your guy to get these things done. Obviously the more cost effective route would be to come up with something that is able to be produced in quantities. I'm willing to consider anything machining or fabrication related.
I've got an open CNC and am looking to put it to use!
Emc209i

Re: Need custom CNC machining? Parts not otherwise offered?

Post by Emc209i »

Good for you Jeff, it's been a while. What setup you running?
draven

Post by draven »

Just ordered a corvette z51 2 turn lock to lock steering rack and will need some custom adapters machined to keep the geometry the same..

Let me know what type of drawing, file, etc.. that you need..

marc
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Also curious about what machine you have.

I'll have some work in a year.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

I can import almost anything EXCEPT for a solidworks file. Save it as a parasolid if you are going to use solidworks. Custom machining is going to be on the pricey side as I price out at $100 an hour for CNC time... depending on what it is it might not be that bad. I'll always quote ahead and I eat it if I lose on it so at least you will know. If it is a particularly easy part I've got a bridgeport and engine lathe as well.

I've got a partnership setup with a guy that does small batch and custom machining. We've got a Haas VF2 with the spindle upgrades and 4th axis rotary. Looking into another Haas CNC lathe. Had one then sold it but we are looking for another now. Both him and I work full time at the same company (different from this side gig) as machinists. Combined we have ~25 years experience.

As far as what I'm driving, well nothing great right now. I've got a 96 BMW R1100RT motorcycle and that is about the closest thing that I have to a toy. I've got a Jeep XJ that I take off road sometimes but mostly its for hauling/towing. It's the funniest thing, when you get married buy a house and have kids you suddenly have no time or money for toys. I had my Caddy CTS-V until my second child was born. Darn daycare costs!

I see a lot of familiar names around here! I'm looking for another project in the next few years and chances are I'll probably land on a Fiero.
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
1987 GT, lowered, KYB's, clutchnet 6 puck, G/A brakes
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

draven wrote:Just ordered a corvette z51 2 turn lock to lock steering rack and will need some custom adapters machined to keep the geometry the same..

Let me know what type of drawing, file, etc.. that you need..

marc
Did you get my PM? It says its sitting in my outbox. Not sure why %)
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
1987 GT, lowered, KYB's, clutchnet 6 puck, G/A brakes
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

make like v8 badges or 3.4 HO badges or something. Old Europe fags love that shit. Should be easy and will prob sell 20-30 of them. Old Europe members love putting badges and stickers on their cars. Maybe even a turbo badge or something like that. Its almost endless.

what you can do is think of things to make that don't restrict you to just one car or automobiles in general. Think of engine dress up stuff for R35s or lambo twin turbo kits or something like that where the price point can be higher. you close to underground racing? maybe you could swing by and see if you can make up some plates for their TT kits with it saying UGR on it somewhere.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Underground Racing is 20 mins from the motorsports/NASCAR capital of the US (Mooresville NC). Everyone and their brother has a machine shop.

But that is one hell of a setup Jeff!!
ericjon262

Post by ericjon262 »

I know this is old, but PM sent.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."