Let's see your guns!

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Unsafe At Any Speed

Re: Let's see your guns!

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Since I never posted a picture...

Edit: Just noticed the handgrip isn't all the way back on in the picture. I had it off again to install a different front sling mount, so that has been resolved.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Nice guns, makes me want to buy an AR-15 variant with all these nice examples. Again, our gun laws are stupid and is pretty much the reason I don't already have one.

Example- This first gun, a cheap AR-15 variant... Restricted. Can only take to a range and back, has to be kept locked up with a trigger lock at all times, can't take out to the woods, blah blah
https://www.canadaammo.com/product/deta ... 0-5-rifle/

This newly released bullpup .223 that is likely more concealable and dangerous than an AR is non restricted. I can take this anywhere I want and shoot it. No special provisions at all.
http://www.theammosource.com/index.php? ... ts_id=2118

So I might just buy the bullpup and call it a day.
Indy

Post by Indy »

crzyone wrote:Nice guns, makes me want to buy an AR-15 variant with all these nice examples. Again, our gun laws are stupid and is pretty much the reason I don't already have one.

Example- This first gun, a cheap AR-15 variant... Restricted. Can only take to a range and back, has to be kept locked up with a trigger lock at all times, can't take out to the woods, blah blah
https://www.canadaammo.com/product/deta ... 0-5-rifle/

This newly released bullpup .223 that is likely more concealable and dangerous than an AR is non restricted. I can take this anywhere I want and shoot it. No special provisions at all.
http://www.theammosource.com/index.php? ... ts_id=2118

So I might just buy the bullpup and call it a day.
That's just silly. Do the Canadian laws restrict firearms by name, or is it based on certain characteristics?
Indy DOHC Turbo SD4.....someday.
Oh, and f*ck the envelope. (RFT Insurgent)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I think it's based on how scary it looks.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

My new Gen IV Glock in 10mm. This thing is a beast. 150 lumen flash light / laser combo. Ready for anything, including bears.

Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

[Radio]Cue bears.[/Radio]
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

That's an awesome handgun! The 10mm is probably one of the best handgun cartridges on the market right now, it's too bad it's not more common. I'm not the biggest fan of that light, I like the Streamlights better, and I don't like weapon lasers, but aside from that, it's a great gun, I'm jealous.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Honestly I only bought this light because it was the only one they had. I also like smaller lights that are flush with the barrel. After having this 150 lumen one I will definitely get another one just as bright.

There are some advantages to having a laser, especially in low light but since you can't carry for personal defence in Canada it doesn't matter anyways.

If it would stop blizzarding for 2 minutes I'd like to take it to the range. All I have is some underpowered range ammo, and that's all that seems to be available locally. 180 grain in the 1100 ft/s range and only 495 lb/ft of muzzle energy. A full power 10mm round should be in the 700lb/ft range. Need to find some online retailers and stock up. Only downside of the 10mm but I already have my Tokarev and 1911.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Ya it's crazy how bright modern LED lights are, and you'll find out the batteries last forever too. I would run through batteries about once a year, and that's with frequent use, probably a complete building search every night. The laser is a good tool, and it's amazing how accurate they are. The downside is the shooter becomes reliant on it, not looking at the sights or being natural with them. The other downside isn't relevant to you, but in Law Enforcement red laser means Taser, and it's important to know if your partner is going lethal force or Taser. We had a few guys order green lasers though.

Honestly it's probably a good thing the range loads are weak. The 10mm is known for wearing out handguns in relatively short order. We had a guy with a 10mm 1911, he had to rebuild it every 5,000 rounds. You shouldn't have to do that with the Glock though.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Unsafe At Any Speed

Just picked up this today to be used for CCW. S&W Shield. Included the Beretta for size reference.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

9 or .40?

I've got the M&P compact, which is basically now the midsize, it was the CCW gun for S&W before the single stack Shield. Nice guns!
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Unsafe At Any Speed

9mm. Should've mentioned that.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Good choice, the 40 isn't a good caliber for the Shield IMO.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

New gun. Chinese T97NSR. It's a semi auto version of the weapon they currently use in their armed forces. I really like it, never held a bullpup before this one. Uses AR-15 mags which is a nice feature.

Already have optics for it, and I ordered a new upper as well from T97.ca
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ5VmQgZxwo

They are only pre-order right now but it will make the gun look much better. The real deal will be anodized black.

I have 4 LAR15 10 round mags. They are for a handgun but are AR-15 based. Because the mags have a 10 round capacity I can use them in my T97 legally. The 6 AR-15 mags I have are pinned to 5 rounds. Apparently there is a 50 cal AR style mag that holds up to 16 5.56 rounds that I could also use legally... Our gun laws are retarded lol. The gun isn't limited in capacity, just the mags themselves. If a 10 round handgun mag fits in my rifle I can use it.... I like this loophole personally.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

My 110 round drum mag showed up for my 10/22. Says 110 but I put 114 into it no problem? Anyways, 22s are not restricted capacity wise so I can go and take out an entire field of gophers on one mag :D

75 round drum mag on my SKS but it actually holds 78... But pinned at 5....

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

A few hours of modifications and I made my flat top upper T97

I think it looks awesome, like something out of the Halo video games. So much better for mounting optics. I think this is my new favorite gun. The mods are irreversible, had to cut the factory sights off but I don't care. This is the mod to have on this rifle.

Also put together my reloading bench. Not finished yet but I'll post pics when it is. A few more cabinets and I have to mount my Dillon 650 but it's coming along.

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Just arrived today, my new Kel-Tek KSG. 15 round bull pup shotgun.

As much fun as I thought it would be to take it out and shoot off a bunch of slugs... Needless to say my shoulder is a little bruised. The gun is around 6.8 ish pounds which is pretty light and holds over a pound of lead. Wicked.

I just threw on the red dot from my SKS on to shoot it today. I have a smaller reflex sight and some pop up magpul sights comming. Also a front pistol grip for easier racking.

One of my favorite youtubers reviewing the gun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxNrX-9P--0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8bPNUhz_Iw
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Saw this SKS for sale and had to buy it. Did a really nice job refinishing the stock.

Took it to the range today and it's slam firing. Took it apart and the firing pin seemed to move freely, not sure why it's giving me 2 round bursts. Lubed it up better and I'll see if it's any better.

Been collecting my brass and other brass I find on the range. Bought a Tumbler and 5 lbs of stainless pins to clean the brass. This is a before pic. Pretty scuzzy, some of the brass was on the ground for a long time.

This is an after, looks brand new. 3-4 hours in the tumbler.

2nd load

Here is a vid of someone using the same tumber. Works awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUItmkwdeL0
Indy

Post by Indy »

I had my AR grip redone to match my HK45.

Indy DOHC Turbo SD4.....someday.
Oh, and f*ck the envelope. (RFT Insurgent)