Post your current stable of cars and toys!

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post your current stable of cars and toys!

Post by crzyone »

Good idea came out of Will's thread. Let's post our entire stables.

My GTR to start, it's the car I'm currently working on and spending a butload of money. Engine is in teardown mode to redo the bottom end and upgrade to a single Precision 6466. Aiming for around 700whp.

My 2004 Banshee. Rebuilt the engine myself. Added pipes, reeds and jets to give it more power and recently upgraded the front a-arms to make it 5" wider. Just put on the new ITP rims. Last winter I did new controls and handlebar. Left to do- install 4" extended swing arm which I have. I take this to Brule Alberta which has a lot of sand hills. I run paddle tires out there, it's a lot of fun.

My 1999 Grizzly 600. I use this for around my town and my wife rides it at Brule. Lots of mud around here and it does really well. Engine was redone a year ago. Nothing special really.

It looks like a pile of junk now, but in a year or 2 my RX7 will be awesome. As soon as I'm done spending money on my GTR I'll focus on the 7. Currently has a rebuild engine with Rotary Aviation apex seals and a street port. Keeping the factory twin turbos and aiming for 350whp. Just fast enough to be a lot of fun.

My 2010 Evo X (currently for sale). Hopefully it sells soon but since I still own it I'll post a pic. AEM intake, Cobb tune and Edelbrock cat back exhaust. Should be around the 300whp mark and it's a lot of fun.

My truck, 2002 Dodge 2500 Diesel. Just my pull vehicle for all the toys.

2013 Veloster Turbo. Wife's car, a more fuel efficient replacement for the Evo. She drives quite far to work so it made sense.

Lastly, my motorized bike I built for work lol.... It's a large plant site and I can really get around with this thing. A neat looking generic bike I bought, don't even remember the brand name and a $200 e-bay 80cc bike engine kit. It's actually really fun!

Also have a 99 Civic hatch but no pics of it. Wife has had it since new. Not sure what to do with it. Potential ice racer.

Let's see what you've got!
fieroguru

Re: Post your current stable of cars and toys!

Post by fieroguru »

I don't spend much on my cars/vehicular toys, but here is what has wheels at my house.

88 Fiero w/ LS4/F40, 382 whp @ 6800 RPM:

88 GT Clone w 2.5/125C (AKA 4cyl fastback):

97 Chevy Silverado 4x4 extended cab with vortec 350:

Wife's 99 Maxima:

Lawn tractor, its almost as old as me! Flat head 4 cyl and 60" deck. I am still looking for the optional 3 point hitch to add to it for moving heavy stuff around
Last edited by fieroguru on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Hi
Attachments
cobra.jpg
cobra.jpg (184.93 KiB) Viewed 11595 times
Last edited by Shaun41178(2) on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Been wondering what kind of Mustang you had...
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I didn't know he had a car other than his Fiero, it seems all of his posts aren't really "on topic."

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, 435hp 6.1l V8 5-speed auto AWD. A tune and bumper to bumper LEDs is all it has done to it. The pic is outdated, I've since put the factory hood and springs back on.

2013 BMW S1000RR, 193hp 1.0l I4. Sato rearsets, HID projectors with LED halos, FP shift spring, Sargent seat, helibars, Puig windscreen,

1991 BMW 525i, 192hp 2.5l I6 5-speed manual. 261,000 miles on original engine/trans, and it won't die. But my God it's a piece of shit!

1988 Fiero GT, 417whp 3.4l DOHC turbo. I've pretty much lost all interest in this car.

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Good things from this thread, I thought Aarons Fiero was black, and I didn't know Shaun liked Plasti-Dip.

I'm trying to find pictures of my crap, I'll post some pics this afternoon.
CincinnatiFiero

Here is my junk,

The FIEROS! As they currently sit, the White 88GT is a genuinely nice car, my grandfather bought it new, its really just sitting, it needs front control arm bushings but other than than, its ready to drive, I just haven't been driving it. I went through and took it completely back to stock and removed all the stupid shit I did when I was 18 to it. The middle car is the 3800SC car, has wills 11.25" brakes on it, 4T65HD, all poly, etc. My friend and I began stripping all the trim, and sanding it to get ready to paint it, then I rented my warehouse and had to move to another property across town which stopped progress on that. My friend and I have been painting engine bays practicing our painting, so I'll get to it soon. The car under the cover is an '84 2M4 with 10,210 miles on it. Barn find, needed painted, but it runs and drives as is.

My new daily, the 1987 200TD 2.0 non-turbo diesel, 75HP! 5speed wagon, thats returning 37mpg combined, I got 42.5 on a pure highway run. Its a dog but it'll cruise 90mph with no issues so once you get moving its very reasonable despite the power. A full euro car a friend brought in a decade ago, its the only 200TD I've ever seen in the US, I've seen one 200D sedan and it was owned by my friend I bought this from

My Mercedes 1987 300D 3.0L Turbodiesel, this was my daily for years, my sister is currently driving it while her car is being painted. Lowered on Sachs springs, Bilstein HDs, Sportline sway bars, Sportline Subframe Mounts, 400E 4piston front calipers, 13lb forged factory wheels, no EGR, etc.

1990 Mercedes 190E 2.0L, full euro car I got from an embassy. No cat, no EGR, euro lights, KM/H speedo, the works. 5speed car with cloth interior, Mercedes Classic Center thinks I may have the only 2.0L in the US. Even when the grey market was big noone brought over the 2.0ls, and 1990 is after the grey market window closed. 66k miles.

1959 Mercedes 190SL, full rotisserie resto, won a couple of awards with it this summer, have ran it at mid-ohio and autocross, had a ton of fun with it. Its currently for sale, I've got my eyes on a white one.

1972 Mercedes 350SL-4.5, my first SL, the car came with those chrome over fenders, which have since been removed, and it has factory painted hubcaps on it now, this picture was taken when the factory wheels were getting repainted. But I like the way the picture shows the color

1992 Mercedes 300D 2.5 Turbodiesel. Neat car, recently did an evaporator core in it, currently at the bodyshop getting painted and I'm going to give it to my 16 year old sister. My dad drove it with peeling paint and was getting 31-33mpg on his daily commute.

1972 Mercedes Benz 220, neat car, spotless interior, bought it with a rod knock, picked up running motor for $500, currently swapping motors on it.

The ladies 1988 Mercedes Benz 190D 2.5 non turbo diesel, 93HP, best $600 car I've ever bought. Gets around 29mpg city, AC works, cruise works, freaking awesome car. Its ugly on the outside but we put a $150 junkyard MB-Tex interior in it that is spotless out of a 1993 190E which had much more supportive seats. Its also one of 658 sold in the US, so dare I call it rare.

My girlfriends 1964 Vespa, we restored it, recently the fuel tap internal seal went bad and it flooded the motor so I need to reseal the carb and put in a new fuel tap, that's why the seat is off.

My 1958 Vespa, another barn find, unrestored, obviously, someday we will ride our matching restored Vespas to a some local fair trade coffee shop and just be the hippest people ever.

1990 Jetta GL diesel, its a gas chassis, I bought a clean rust free gas car, and a rusty but running and driving diesel. Swapped drivetrains, the car is about done but life happens and I haven't gotten any work done on it lately. Behind it is a barn find Yamaha MX100 dirt bike with nearly no time on it, runs but the clutch is stuck, another thing I will get to... someday

Had to dig pretty far into Photobucket to find a picture of this, 1992 Dodge Dakota 3.9L 2wd. Probably should sell it, but my grandfather bought it new, gave it to me, it was the first car I drove when I got my license, gets 20mpg on the highway, AC works, cruise works, factory radio, etc, I just can't part with it.

The car hauler, yes Levi its a 6-Leaker. '06 FX4 6.0L, stock headstuds, stock headgaskets. Its totally stock, gets annual coolant flushes, and has performed perfectly. Bobcat is my uncles.

My girlfriend has an '06 A4 2.0T, she drives the 190D in the winter so the A4 is in my garage but I do not have a picture of it.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

6 leaker lol nice. Quite the stable of euro cars. Im more of a JDM man myself ;)
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

I'm down to two cars at the moment:

My main car is my 2011 WRX. It doesn't have much in mods; tune, catback, intake, and wheels. I do plan on a few more upgrades in due time.

(I have since tinted the windows, tails, and plasti-dipped the front bumper vents.)

My other car is my 2004 RX8. It is for sale, but I haven't been pushing it too hard as I truly enjoy driving this car more than any other car I have ever owned.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

I'm loving this thread!
Toys
Toys
Toys.jpg (78.01 KiB) Viewed 11526 times
86GT ... I'm not sure it has not moved under its own power since the year 2002 ... I did start making a list of things I need to enable it to run as a result of this thread and realized I somehow LOST the rear brake discs.

Cub Cadet 50 inch deck and 25 horse, but it's pretty slow. I'm going to upgrade to the "Hustler" in the spring.

2001 996TT. 27k miles. Horrible picture, but it's pretty minty. It's stock. I'll probably do coilovers/exhaust/tune when the time is right.

2005 Subaru LGT. 110k miles. Owned since new. Almost stock. Only real modifications are Konis and wheels/tires.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Very nice, Howard! My friend had an '01 996TT up until he wrecked it earlier this year. Seems like a bulletproof car and a hell of a deal right now.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

My 3.4 DOHC powered '88 Fiero which I use for track days and autocross, and occasionally commute with:

The Apocalypse Wagon, 2001 Subaru Outback, bone stock, 180k+ miles, destroyer of STIs, conqueror of commutes, mobile camping tent, backcountry explorer and RallyCross winner.
I won the 2013 Porterfield Glen Helen RallyX series in this car.

I camo wrapped it March 2014:

Yeah, I like doing the right stuff with the wrong cars.
CincinnatiFiero

With most the cars put away for the winter I was short on spare cars. My sister wrecked my 87 turbo, and the 92 she was driving mysteriously won't charge. My dad put her in his Lexus for the winter since its AWD. But he didn't really have anything to drive. I don't have time to fix the 87 and 92 right now so I picked this up.

1985 190D 2.2. $650. My dad has put 2,000 miles on it in 5 weeks. All I've done was bleed the brakes. Not bad for a cheap car. Getting 32ish mpg as well.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

The most interesting things on this thread aren't fiero's.. That 80cc pedal bike and the vespa's are wicked.

65, 10.5:1 comp, cam headers, ported heads, deflashed...everything you can do within reason.. motor built by my pops

81 GS450 bored and stroked to a 513, Mikuni's , works shocks, blah blah blah ...321 #

89 carrera 4. Motor just built by Huntermotorsports, lots of parts from racetech, RS flywheel, RS bars, Wevo shift couple, 959 front diff mod, Bilstien PS3's, Fabspeed Cup pipe, Cat Bypass, 993 pre vario intake, 993 exhaust manifolds, again ...blah blah blah

CB350 getting caf'd...

56 Velam Isetta

86 GT, engineless...

2013 F150 5.0 with an intake an a tuner...

2012 Cooper S with a Giac reflash

86 Kuwahara Bravo Pro

Also have a 79 Caddy and a CRX tucked away.
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
CincinnatiFiero

Love the Isetta. Saw a few gorgeous restored ones at concours this summer when I was showing the 190SL. My girlfriend is the vespa fanatic, but has added an Isetta to our, on the lookout for list. Along with an Original Mini, or an original Fiat 500.

Like the 964 too, got too acquainted with a friends 996 C4 this fall before he moved to California, redoing all kinds of oil seals and replacing lots of emissions components. Missed the relative simplicity of the aircooled motors, I messed about with 912s and mid 60s 911s when I was in high school.

Had a 65 Corvair Monza 4 speed convertible this past summer for about a week. It was a parts car, debated welding it back up, but it was just too far gone, sold it complete on eBay, and bought another Benz.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Love the CB! My Dad and I recently sold a CL360 we restored. Fun little bike to ride!

eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

I sold my Subaru a couple months ago and picked up a Civic for commuting. The Subaru was over 100k miles and was going to start really needing things. It was on the factory original clutch and turbo which needed replacing. Once I was replacing the turbo, it was a slippery slope to spending 5-6k plus I wanted to update the audio so it made sense to just get another car.
Civic_996_Spring.png
Civic_996_Spring.png (1.77 MiB) Viewed 11302 times
I drove a bunch of cars, but really enjoyed the civic. I now own all 2 door cars.
CincinnatiFiero

2.4 Si? A friend who is an engineer for Honda brought one home for a week. He insisted I drive it, I really think the torque gain from the 2.0 to the 2.4 is substantial. He had a sedan, I really enjoyed it. Probably won't buy one, but I liked it.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

Yup. 2.4l Si. 2013 model year.
CincinnatiFiero

Keeping it stock? I'm not a fan of them with a loud exhaust, but a few friends have older K-series Si's and with some good suspension parts they seem to do really well at our auto crosses.