GTAW

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

ericjon262

GTAW

Post by ericjon262 »

well, After several years of wanting a TIG, I finally picked up a little present for myself! I got a Miller Diversion 180 AC/DC inverter TIG Machine!

I fucked around with it a little bit yesterday, and got serious when I got off work today, these welds are the first TIG welds I've done in over 2 years, first TIG welds I've done on a legit machine ever, I'm very happy with the results. the metal is 22 ga steel (approx .030 ") and I was using .023" MIG wire for filler. Machine was set to about 25-35 amps

"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
slowpoke

Re: GTAW

Post by slowpoke »

The one on the left doesn't look bad at all. The one on the right looks like you may have been moving a little slow and got the metal a little too hot. But it all looks good for no practice.
I wasn't banned, I'd just rather be here.
ericjon262

Re: GTAW

Post by ericjon262 »

thanks, I need lots of practice, but I am getting better. I do think in some ways, TIG is easier than MIG.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."