Let's see your tow rigs!

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Let's see your tow rigs!

Post by crzyone »

I just saw Will's update on his tow vehicle and I'd like to see everyones.

Mine is an old 2002 24v Dodge Ram Cummins that I've had since it was a year old. It was originally a foreman's truck from my old job. He didn't like Ford or Chevy so they allowed him to order a Dodge. It was the only one in the whole fleet, but he got canned a year later and the truck went to employee sale. The company listed it for $19k, blue book in Canada listed it for low 30s so 24 guys put their name in to a draw for the right to purchase it. My name was drawn, a rookie of less than a year with the company.

I had some good pics of when it was new but they are gone, these are what I have now.

How my truck looked 4 years ago or so. At this point it had come crappy aftermarket wheels and nothing else.

My "tow" truck has had a few upgrades over the years.

Don't mind the broken front grill, I bought a sport model truck for it great condition box and sport grill and front bumper that I'll be swapping onto my truck.

It's only a half ton with a gas motor, it'll be a good sacrafice to complete my trucks final form lol.

Let's see em!
CincinnatiFiero

Re: Let's see your tow rigs!

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Have two,

2006 F250 6.0 - EGR delete, all Ford upgraded parts related to the HPOP/Oil System, SCT tuner, rear air helper springs, etc.

1996 F250 7.3 - Intake, Downpipe, Cat-Delete, Tuner.

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Re: Let's see your tow rigs!

Post by crzyone »

Nice! So far I have a 4" turbo back straight pipe, Edge programmer and that's about it. Soon I'll likely upgrade the turbo, head studs and throw on some 70 or 100hp injectors. At that point I'll definitely need a new transmission. I'm surprised it's lasted this long (275k km or 172k miles).