Sick of Certain Thread Authors? Here's Your Solution

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

MNFatz

Post by MNFatz »

I got this to work with 1.5.0.1 (Firefox latest release)

The auto-install won't work because of a version conflict. Here's how to get around it. First you need to install any valid plugin for FireFox. I did the download manager (downTHEMall).

1) Right-click and save the .xpi file for the blocker to your local drive.

2) Search your drive for all .xpi files. You'll find the location of the extensions in your c:\Documents and Settings directory somewhere.

3) Manually copy the file you downloaded in step 1 to the location found in step 2. Actually, I copied the .xpi files to all the locations I found in step two so I can't tell you for sure which one it is.

4) Close all firefox instances and reload. If you did everything right you'll get a 'do you wish to install plugin' dialog box.

5) Install the plugin.

Free at last, Free at last, oh my god we're free at last!!!
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

Damn man. Blocking people is for a) pussies, b) morons, and c) people who don't have the maturity or balls to read someone's post whom they disagree with. In all my e-life I've never blocked someone from a forum or chat environment. First of all you end up losing part of the conversation, like listening to someone talk on the phone. What the hell good does it do you? Does it increase your ego size by saying "haha, I sure showed that prick!"? Yeah, some people can be assholes but deal with it. First of all the "asshole" is still a person that probably has a different viewpoint than you do, or is looking at the thread in a different light than you are. You should get off your high horse and try to see things from their perspective instead. With that EBSB52 guy, obviously he was pissed off at someone or feeling threatened by something someone wrote... so what the hell is filtering out his posts helping?

I'll tell you... not a damn thing. It's immature and childish. Grow the hell up, people... :la:

edit: Ah, so that was the Aaron dude? Hrm... I bet we would get along nicely. I'm sure he could at least help me out with my starting problem... lulz
'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153... 156... 157... 158... 161k... 163k... 165k... 168k... SHIT I LOST COUNT
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

I'm sure you're going to spark new interest in this thread.
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

Perhaps. Personally, I'd love to read this Aaron dude in person (well... that is... talk to the dude in the forum). And maybe get some people to understand where 'people like us' are coming from. :thumbleft:
'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153... 156... 157... 158... 161k... 163k... 165k... 168k... SHIT I LOST COUNT
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

You would think that such a bright, forum savvy cat such as yourself could figure out how to use a search.
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

I've read his posts. I see a lot of "old me" in his posts. I'm not asking to see his posts... I said I wanted to talk with him on the forum.
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

Falcon4 wrote:I've read his posts. I see a lot of "old me" in his posts. I'm not asking to see his posts... I said I wanted to talk with him on the forum.
lol, a self proclaimed aaron?
if u wanna talk to him u can find him on

www.thefuseforums.com
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

Well, someone (I honestly don't remember who, sorry) mentioned that I'm "Aaron 2.0" in one of my earlier threads - or was it the "grab the pitchforks!" thread? At any rate, I think it would be cool to meet the guy. I do find a lot of my own "tone" in his writing - the "God damnit, just shut up... I know what I'm talking about and you suck, so please just fuck off!" kind of attitude I get near the end of a swap file argument. :angel:

I'll check out that forum... you may have just sold me on another new forum. :D
edit: Damn... someone must have screwed up the passwords in the database... my login didn't work and I had to reset my password. Oy...
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Yeah, definately check out thefuseforum. It's a great concept, but it's small. It can use your support.

I'd really be interested to see how you two guys would interact.
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

Honestly, I'm shocked at how much a fucking hard time everyone gives him. With the exception of his stubbornness to try hostfile, I think he's one of the coolest persons I've run across online. There were two ways he could have taken my post about his shitty day thread - one, "Fuck off, blubber fairy", or two, know that I was being serious and appreciate someone not being an asshole. Sure enough, he was a human being and went with the second option. Then later I find out he's also an F-16 nut like me. How the hell could things get any better?

I sure wouldn't want to get on his bad side, from the way things have looked around here, but seeing as though we seem to be virtually identical (except for age), I think that may never happen. :D
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/no ... hread.html

Everything he says in that thread related to what he's actually done is a lie. Everything else he talks about is maladjusted bullshit. He's a great guy... real example. Kids should use him as a role model.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

:rotflmao:
<Insert Sig Here>
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Falcon4 wrote:Honestly, I'm shocked at how much a fucking hard time everyone gives him. With the exception of his stubbornness to try hostfile, I think he's one of the coolest persons I've run across online. There were two ways he could have taken my post about his shitty day thread - one, "Fuck off, blubber fairy", or two, know that I was being serious and appreciate someone not being an asshole. Sure enough, he was a human being and went with the second option. Then later I find out he's also an F-16 nut like me. How the hell could things get any better?

I sure wouldn't want to get on his bad side, from the way things have looked around here, but seeing as though we seem to be virtually identical (except for age), I think that may never happen. :D
Wow, screw match.com. Real Fiero Tech FTW!
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

I have to ask...

Aspergers?
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

Mach10 wrote:I have to ask...

Aspergers?
Huh? :scratch:
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

I didn't know he was asking a question. :P

Anywho, if the question is "do you both have Aspergers?", then while I can't speak for Aaron, I know I don't. ADD maybe... but supposedly I was "cured" when I discovered F-16s. :thumbleft: :salute:
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

You didn't see the question mark?
<Insert Sig Here>
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

I did, I just didn't know what a one word sentence was supposed to mean. At any rate, obviously I don't fall into that category, since I have many more than just one crappy interest area (doorknobs? come the fuck on) - e.g. computers, mechanics, cars, English mechanics, coding, and I don't even know all that much about F-16s other than that they kick ass. lols. So no.
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

I don't mean any disrespect... But Asperger's was the first thing to come to mind when reading your posts. Not ADD/ADHD.

Oh, and FWIW, the definition on "http://www.aspergers.com/aspclin.htm" was pretty cold and negative--especially for what is (ostensibly) a support site. (Not your fault, Will)

Here's a better one, not as fucking derogatory:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers

Let it be said that Silicon Valley would be completely depopulated without Aspergers. :salute:
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"