Send a Fiero to the East Coast GRM Challenge

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

eHoward
Banned

Send a Fiero to the East Coast GRM Challenge

Post by eHoward »

I'd gladly bring the Fiero out to Florida for the REAL $2009 challenge if I had the time/money. I burned through all of my vacation time to attend the West Coast event and can't really justify spending another $xxxx to ship the car down to Florida and fly down. If any of you are actually serious about chipping in to fund my trip, that would be super cool... you can paypal nashco (at) hotmail (dot) com and I'll see if enough trickles in to fund getting the car trucked down to FL. If I get enough to cover trucking the car down, I'll buy a plane ticket and meet it down there for the Challenge. If I don't end up going, I'll refund you in paypal...and I think you'll all agree I'm good for my word when I say I'm going to do something.
Let's help Bryce get down to the east coast challege. Too many people talk. Not enough actually go out and build crazy shit. It's not like he trailored the car. He drove it the fuck down to the challenge and back 2,500 miles so we know that it runs and runs well!
Indy

Re: Send a Fiero to the East Coast GRM Challenge

Post by Indy »

Chipped in a $50. Common people, let's do this. Bryce worked his ass off on this car just to compete against no-one, this is a car that should be at Florida.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

When's the contest?

Let's get him a bunch of big RFT stickers, too.
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

Thanks guys! So far I'm up to almost $500 towards getting the car shipped, quite flattering! I think Indy is the only Fiero owner to chip in so far, but it's hard to keep track between the different message boards. If you guys want to help out and eat (your cake) too, you can always buy/trade some of my parts in the classified section. I still have some budget to recover and trades are still open.

The competition in Florida is October 8-10. I appreciate the help!

Bryce
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

What's your suspense date for funding?
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:What's your suspense date for funding?
I have to commit to shipping the car out about two weeks from now. In the spirit of how much I've busted my hump in the past three months, I'll say Labor Day is a good deadline for donations if you want to chip in, but it's not a hard deadline per se.

Bryce
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

I booked truck transport to Florida today, so it's pretty much official that the Fiero will be at the Florida $2009 challenge:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/ ... 19/page10/

Mark your calendars and come see the big show!

Bryce
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

The punisher called me last night and said that you would be there. I guess GRM felt bad for what happened. I will be there with the punisher. looking forward to seeing your car.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

I am just bringing a shit bag civic....

Goooo civic.
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

I haven't been around a computer in a while, what happened with this? Did you win? How did you do in the autocross and the drags?
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
Nashco

Post by Nashco »

THE PUNISHER wrote:I haven't been around a computer in a while, what happened with this? Did you win? How did you do in the autocross and the drags?
http://realfierotech.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... 2&start=40
The Fiero got 20th overall after some last minute repairs.

Updates:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/ ... 19/page13/
Did go to Florida. Didn't win Florida (didn't expect to, for that matter). Did horrible in the autocross (40th out of 55?), just tires and an alignment would have made a huge difference (ran out of time due to last minute repairs). Did as expected in the drags (14.7 @ 81 mph) despite being significantly down on power, tires and all the batteries would have made things a bit better, but really the 2.anchor in back has to go to see appreciable gains. I think two Fiero owners donated to help get the Fiero down to the challenge, a big thanks to those who cared enough to help out.

Bryce