Buttonwillow Raceway (California) Track Day - November 9-10

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Buttonwillow Raceway (California) Track Day - November 9-10

Post by Series8217 »

SpeedTrialUSA will be heading to the track again, and I'll be there in my 3.4 DOHC Fiero! The next event will be at Buttonwillow on Nov 9-10. They plan to run configuration 13CW. Early signup pricing is $150/day or $250 for both days.

This is not a race! It's just a high performance driving event. There are strict passing rules. There is no competition.

SpeedTrialUSA events typically have 20-minute sessions, and there are 4 to 6 of them per day. It's a LOT of on-track time.

I've been the only Fiero there this year, but I'm hoping we can get at least 5 cars at the next event. Are you interested?

Buttonwillow Raceway is 3 hours from the Bay Area, a little under 4 hours from Sacramento, and just under 5 hours from Las Vegas. There are nice facilities including bathrooms, showers, and RV parking with hookups! Food is available on site, and there are also garages available to rent. Also plenty of room for camping, but bring stakes because it can get windy!

Hotels are available in the town of Buttonwillow (just down the freeway) and in Bakersfield (45 minutes away).

Race gas and street gas are both available on site.

Here's a link to register:
http://speedtrialusa.com/in...cle&id=126&Itemid=62

You can find track info including maps here:
http://buttonwillowraceway.com/

Car preparation is minimal. You need to pass a basic tech inspection which consists of checking to make sure your vehicle is safe for itself and others. You can find the tech inspection form on SpeedTrialUSA's website. Make sure you read the tech info, safety rules, and FAQs on their website!

You will also need an SA2005 or newer helmet. Motorcycle helmets will not suffice.

Hope to see some of you there!

Check out this thread for some writeups on my most recent track adventures in my Fiero: http://realfierotech.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... =7&t=17776
CincinnatiFiero

Re: Buttonwillow Raceway (California) Track Day - November 9

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Sounds like a great time, sadly I'm geographically limited.

Hopefully you can get another 88 out there with more stock suspension, would be neat to see just how far your suspension development has come as well as aero.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:Sounds like a great time, sadly I'm geographically limited.

Hopefully you can get another 88 out there with more stock suspension, would be neat to see just how far your suspension development has come as well as aero.
Tires make the biggest difference.. going to be hard to find someone else running the same tires as me on an '88 that's otherwise stock.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I realize the chances of a truly accurate comparison are basically zero. Just a thought I had.