A couple laps around PMP in a Jeep SRT8 and a BMW S1000RR

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

A couple laps around PMP in a Jeep SRT8 and a BMW S1000RR

Post by Aaron »

Taken Thursday!

Both the Jeep and the BMW are stock as far as performance mods go. Had the time of my life out there! The Jeep is actually far better on the track than I was expecting, it's quite capable. Unfortunately driving it fast meant sliding it around a lot. You really can't tell in the video, but it needed the back end out going into turns, and out of them. While I had no trouble keeping up with the other cars out there, I was driving at 100%, they were, well, not. Except for the blue Miata I passed early on, that kid was giving it all that 120hp car had! The stock suspension is definitely my biggest set back, it is way too soft for track duty, even though it's a fairly stiff setup from the factory. If I was going to keep this for track duty, I'd lower it again, add the poly sway-bar end links again, and put better rotors on it. After about 5-6 laps my brakes were smoking, however they never lost performance, I was still able to trigger anti-lock, but definitely took more pedal pressure once they heated up. I also need an oil cooler, saw temps up to 285 degrees after just 6 laps. Despite getting pulled on by a 996 Turbo and the LS3 Miata, I didn't feel like it needed more power (Though it wouldn't hurt of course).

There's not much to say about the BMW, it's better in every way than I will ever be, so I can't complain at all. I am the weak link when I'm on the bike. But damn is it fun.

I have no idea why the bike video won't go to full HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k3mb8DAb00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pINDAUYsKgk
Unsafe At Any Speed

Re: A couple laps around PMP in a Jeep SRT8 and a BMW S1000R

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Nice. I only watched the Jeep vid, but I always really liked Pueblo. The only thing that sucked was the rough surface but now that's new too. Looks like they made that last turn a little safer too. Did you happen to get any lap times? Good video!