1416 WHP EVO at 57 psi!!

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Shaun41178(2)

1416 WHP EVO at 57 psi!!

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

titanium valves and copper-beryllium valve seats, custom beryllium pistons with DLC, 9000cc/min injectors: the list goes on and on.

titanium compressor wheel turbo

Billet Block

More details can be found here.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh ... ?t=1575817
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Re: 1416 WHP EVO at 57 psi!!

Post by Aaron »

Hmm, I can appreciate the wok, time, money, and engineering into that, but I'd rather have a 1000hp LSX. You'd still have some prayer of a power-band. That'd be a pain in the ass to drive anywhere but on a quarter-mile.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:titanium valves and copper-beryllium valve seats, custom beryllium pistons with DLC, 9000cc/min injectors: the list goes on and on.

More details can be found here.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh ... ?t=1575817
Fuel = methanol. Lame. If it were gasoline, I'd be impressed. :-D
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Aaron wrote:Hmm, I can appreciate the wok, time, money, and engineering into that, but I'd rather have a 1000hp LSX. You'd still have some prayer of a power-band. That'd be a pain in the ass to drive anywhere but on a quarter-mile.

I feel the same. I won't disagree that the car is stoopid-powerful and built right, but I just don't like dyno-graphs that don't move up until 5000rpms and jump over 800hp in a matter of 2500rpms.

57psi is pretty crazy though!
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I am sure it will be fine driving it around town.

at 5100 rpm its making about 295 whp at about 6-7 lbs of boost. Remember thats roughly the amount of power that Motortv's car made at roughly the same amount of boost in a 383 cubic inch LT1 corvette motor.

its making about 100 whp at about 3700 rpm. its still laggy though, but still makes good power at low rpm and low boost. It just looks like its not making any power at all down low because if climbs so fast and so high.

I say this would be just fine on the street especially since our fieros make around that much power(100) at that same rpm.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

It won't be any worse off-boost than any other big turbo DSM.

A while back I read an article in some magazine about a twin turbo V8 built (I think) with a TA Performance aluminum block (thought the engine was a Pontiac, but their website only shows Buick blocks). I think it was a 455 with 10:1 comp running 30 psi of non-intercooled boost on methanol. It made 2500+ HP at streetable RPM. It was not intercooled, yet the charge pipes developed condensate in the dyno cell. You can't *not* make stoopid power on methanol.

Of course, the old saying goes "Gasoline's for washing parts, alcohol's for drinking, NITRO is for racing". A guy on speedtalk was discussing a "mild" Nitro 350 (meaning 60% Nitro/40% methanol) developing 1200 ftlbs *ALL* F@#%ing *MOTOR*
Indy

Post by Indy »

All I can think of is how hard I'd have to backhand him if he got ahold of my rods...

That point is when I hope that rod isn't finished yet. Same story on the compressor wheels.

There's just something that doesn't quite add up with the OP on the EvoM thread. He seems very eager to act as though most parts have been designed in house. The block is 'shopped, it's from Bullet Cylinder Heads.
http://www.driftworks.com/forum/technic ... rb-jz.html

The MMC rods are from MX composites. (pg 2)
http://www.faliconcranks.com/Making%20t ... ection.pdf

Still neat, I suppose. Color me jealous that I don't have $40,000 to spend on a crank.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

You have to really like Evos to spend this kind of cash on one.... There is about 50 cars I'd rather mod than an evo. TT Galardo anyone?
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

I recognize those type of valve seats... I've installed and machined a good few of them in my time as a race engine machinist. The exhaust seats are indeed Beryllium Bronze (which is some nasty shit if it gets airborne as dust). The intakes aren't though - they're a more yellowish alloy like AMPCO 45 or the like. We used to get our seats from Del West, I believe.

Wierd thing, is one day I was playing around with a strong rare earth magnet and found that it stuck to one of the bronze intake seat blanks, which I thought was really wierd... Actually, upon looking it up it seems to be a nickel aluminum bronze alloy... I guess the nickel made it stick. But anyways, yeah.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

crzyone wrote:You have to really like Evos to spend this kind of cash on one.... There is about 50 cars I'd rather mod than an evo. TT Galardo anyone?

I'd just buy a stock Murci SV and be proud that I had enough money to not have to fuck with headaches of modified cars.
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Amen. Good to see ya Paul, been a while.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Indy wrote:All I can think of is how hard I'd have to backhand him if he got ahold of my rods...

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6110/600hprod.jpg
I was wondering what you were talking about, but just now noticed the engraving. I'd probably have the same reaction.
"You did *what* with my conrods?" <cocks .454>

It's also wild that there's all that billet shit in the engine and he HAND ENGRAVED the conrods. WTF?
Indy wrote:There's just something that doesn't quite add up with the OP on the EvoM thread. He seems very eager to act as though most parts have been designed in house. The block is 'shopped, it's from Bullet Cylinder Heads.
http://www.driftworks.com/forum/technic ... rb-jz.html

The MMC rods are from MX composites. (pg 2)
http://www.faliconcranks.com/Making%20t ... ection.pdf

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2430/mmc.jpg
Just like government contracting... the glory and the dollars are in "systems integration". The company I work for has a subcontract portfolio that's about 70% of their revenue. Guess whose name is on the satellite when it goes out the door? :wink: