I bought a new BMW

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

I bought a new BMW

Post by Aaron »

I made myself a deal that if I paid off my student loans, I could buy a new bike. Paid them off, and bought a 2013 BMW S1000RR that day. It's got dynamic traction control, heated grips, and ABS. So far it's pretty badass. First gear redlines at 93mph, and it'll pull the front tire up on throttle alone through 3rd.

Mods so far are a tinted double-bubble windscreen, Sato Racing rear-sets (GP shifted), removed the exhaust flap (Makes it louder, and rougher), Yoshimura fender eliminator, removed passenger pegs, and a Sargent seat. The only other mod I'm going to do is a custom HID projector retrofit. Can't fathom how a Ducati Panigale doesn't have a single light on the entire bike that isn't an LED (Headlights included), and the BMW has your typical incandescent reflector bulbs. I guess that's what you get when it costs the same as the BMW but makes 30whp less.

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: I bought a new BMW

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Congrats on paying off your loans!

Don't kill yourself...
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Those bikes are fast. Glad to see you are doing well. You are straight ballin'
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Good looking bike, though I do like the absurd yellow/gold color some of them came in.

Congrats on the buy. Ducatis are cool, but the BMW is completely bomb-proof in comparison.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Nice. That's a pretty serious bike. You going to track it?
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:Good looking bike, though I do like the absurd yellow/gold color some of them came in.

Congrats on the buy. Ducatis are cool, but the BMW is completely bomb-proof in comparison.
I hated that color. It was between this color and a red/white/blue. I would have liked to find a "fire blue," it's like BMW's Laguna Seca blue, but they're very rare. The Ducati has this bike beat in sex appeal, but can't come near it in performance.

I don't ride fast enough or aggressive enough to take it on a track, I'm very much so the old man Corvette driver when it comes to my bikes.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

Congrats on the loans and the bike.