MR2 with turbo k20 swap

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Shaun41178(2)

MR2 with turbo k20 swap

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

This was one of the cars that showed up to the fl2k13 event here held last weekend. This is the same show that I called Clem with his v8 Fiero out to but he bitched out.

Anyways this is a badass mr2 and you will enjoy this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yBMvF05M8c
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: MR2 with turbo k20 swap

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

That's pretty sick. Honda in the Toyota is a head scratcher, but can't argue with the results or the solution to FWD traction problems.

Seeing the MR2 on skinnies and DR's is pretty funny.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Pretty badass. If I had known how much better the MR2 is than the Fiero (Read lighter), I would've gone that platform instead.

I'm guessing they went with the Honda motor because of its nearly unrivaled aftermarket and durability. I don't know much about the MR2 motors, but I can't think of a 4 cylinder in general I'd want over the K20. Sorry, there is one, the TDi.

As far as the "modded" S1000RR goes, I'd love to hear how they modded a bike that already makes 200hp/l, and can't really be modified, at least not enough to make a difference. There is a tuner that has made 195whp with intake/exhaust/tune, but to my knowledge those are the highest numbers I've seen, and that is a $3,000 combo.

2400lb/890whp = 2.69 lb/hp
600lb/195whp = 3.07 lb/hp

Looks about right considering the video. Car has a aerodynamic advantage, bike the bike has a huge gearing and gear change speed advantage. Car has traction problems, but the bike has wheelie problems, so they're about equal there. My S1000RR, at a "modest" 185whp, doesn't give full engine power until 3rd gear at 7,000ft altitude, and 3rd gear doesn't come until over 120mph.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

The MkII MR2 is close to as heavy as a Fiero stock... At 2400 lbs, they've done significant weight reduction on that one.

It also has the 3S-GTE engine, which is pretty darn stout and capable of 500+ RWHP itself (Don't really know if there's an established "limit")

The MR2 has a dogbox... you can hear the gear noise in the video, hear the shifter action, and it says so in the mod list in the video description

The bike will have power/weight and low speed acceleration advantage, while the car will have power to drag and high speed acceleration advantage. Remember that the car is carrying probably between 300 and 400 lbs of people...
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Aaron wrote: I don't know much about the MR2 motors, but I can't think of a 4 cylinder in general I'd want over the K20. Sorry, there is one, the TDi.
F20.

Pretty awesome video, and yeah. Can't beat Honda engines. Likely swapped it for more transmission options and a lighter aluminum block engine.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

What makes the F20 better than the K20 or K24?
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Well they are back and with more power, and a new paint job. V8Archie is taken to school yet again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqR6DQzyU6Q