Arthritis Foundation Car Show (lots of pics)

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

CincinnatiFiero

Arthritis Foundation Car Show (lots of pics)

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

This past weekend was the Artritis Foundation Classic Car show in Columbus. I judge every year, this year I got assigned to Volkswagens. The judging is more about paintwork, cleanliness, and general condition of the car, not concours level historical accuracy and correctness. I personally do not show my cars in the judged classes because people bring new cars and its annoying when a 2007 SL550 beats your 55 year old restored car.

I heard numbers between 600 and 800 cars registered. Not everyone who registered shows, but they also do get a ton of people who show up day of to register. This is an enormous show, and these pics probably only show less than half the cars there, but I figured I would share, there was some beautiful stuff out.

I like low digit reserve registrations, being on the east coast, maybe Will can understand, they are a huge deal in Delaware. I have a bunch of 3 digit reg's but haven't found a 2 digit, or a 1 digit reg.
If you powdercoat your wheels black, its makes it that much more noticable when you curb them
Been looking at 400i's and 412i's as a cheap way to get into an F-car, sadly most are old man tan, and automatic
Mostly liked this because he almost dumped the bike a half a dozen times because his helmet was in his hand
I can't decide who is worse, Miata club, or PT Cruiser club, I think its probably PTs because at least Miata's are fun to drive
This car looks familiar from Old Europe, but I don't know who it is
Yugo!
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Re: Arthritis Foundation Car Show (lots of pics)

Post by crzyone »

Cool pics, thanks for sharing. Is that the future bus with the big GM on the front? Looks wicked.
CincinnatiFiero

Re: Arthritis Foundation Car Show (lots of pics)

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Its called the "futureliner" I believe, there is some story to it, GM built a half a dozen or so but only one survives or something like that. I remember one sold at auction a couple years ago and I read the story about it.

Edit: I was wrong, 9 of 12 survived, but only 7 of the 9 are accounted for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futureliner