Dorman replacement manifold casting

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

ericjon262

Dorman replacement manifold casting

Post by ericjon262 »

Helped a buddy replace the exhaust manifold on his envoy the other day, thought I would share a few pictures of the new manifold.

We ran very short on time, or else I would have taken pictures of the stock manifold for comparison. overall, I would rate the replacement a 6/10, it bolted in and fit fine, but the hardware sucked, and the casting quality of the ports was poor at best. if you need a stock replacement and don't care about performance, it'll be fine, if you care about flow and portmatch, either expect to spend several hours working it with a grinder, or get a GM part.

"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Re: Dorman replacement manifold casting

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Par for the course, unfortunately. :(
ericjon262

Re: Dorman replacement manifold casting

Post by ericjon262 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Par for the course, unfortunately. :(
only reason it got a 6/10 and not a 3-4/10 is that it bolted in place without modification...
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."