CTS-V

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Re: CTS-V

Post by Aaron »

Yah, not happening. The SS just blew out ANOTHER fucking differential. 22,000 miles, brand new condition, and driven very conservatively.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Are you sure it's not a V? :-D

Well, this weekend went awesome. I was really happy with the car and the improvement I made as a driver. I did pick up a souvenir though:

Picked that up from a big two inch rock thrown up by the rear tire of a GTO I was following on the front straight. :bad:
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Man that sucks.

If I race my car I think I am going to cover the front end with painters tape to keep rocks from chipping my paint. Not much you can do for the windshield though.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Yeah, it won't cost as much as I thought it would to replace though. I went and checked yesterday. 'Only' $225.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

$225 is not bad, the seal around the window on my CS is $250. And an OEM glass installed on my E46 was $1,400.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Yeah, I was expecting a lot more. Supposedly they're going to have a 'military discount' sale pretty soon, so I think I'll just hold off for now. The location isn't too annoying. Here's a couple pictures from this past weekend courtesy of Erik C. Melander at BlueFox Imaging.

Unsafe At Any Speed

Well, I've spent a little time ADDING weight to my car... Threw some Dynamat Extreme (not done yet) in the trunk. I'll get some pics up when I'm done.

Somewhat unrelated, by Jesse at wait4me Performance (guy who did my tune and has already put down over 500 whp on the TWO '09 Vs he bought) has a 860 whp '05 V. He's about to upgrade the supercharger and expects over 1000 hp at the wheels. That would be so awesome.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Shouldn't the 09s be pretty close to 500 stock?

Also, what kind of blower is he using? A centrifugal or twin screw?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Unsafe At Any Speed

I can't remember the numbers (I try to stay away from the V2 forums as it gets too tempting) but he's able to pick up something like 40-50 whp with intake and tune. Not sure what he's done since.

As for the V1 that he has, I think he has a 454 LSx to start off with. I believe his current set-up uses the 122 Magnuson, but he's upgrading the twin screw TVS2300. He's doing it as R&D to develop a bolt on twin-screw set-up for the V.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

40-50 is not bad at all, nor is it really that unrealistic. On a low output, NA motor it is, but GM really restricts the intake tracts of blown engines to reduce blower whine.

I'm generally impressed, I thought for sure he was running a dyno queen centrifugal. With those cubes, and a blower to help, I bet those things pull strong throughout the rev range.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Unsafe At Any Speed

Well, I finally got around to installing HID fogs and clear fog lenses. I kind of messed up a bit on the lense job :roll: but I'm not sure how really obvious it is if you don't know. But it's definitely good to get rid of that orange. I'll get some pictures later today, but the lenses are clear (no diffused pattern), silverstar turn signal bulbs (no egg yolk look) and 12000k 55 watt HIDs from DDM. They are bright as shit. I need to change my color temp for my low beams and triangle marker lights though because they look yellow and brown, respectively.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Some pictures:
It's still pretty bright outside in these pictures...
The headlights are on still in this one...

Need new low-beams and marker lights for sure. :)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Car looks good man :good:

And these smilies are gay
Unsafe At Any Speed

Thanks. If it would ever stop raining, I would give it the good wash and wax it needs. It honestly has rained nearly everyday for months now. The storms hit fast too.

I agree on the smilies...

Hopefully will have some new track pictures after next weekend. Heading back to Pueblo. Aaron, if you can make it, stop by.

Edit: The blurry further away picture looked good on the camera. Too bad it didn't come out. Not that any of the pictures with that camera seem to come out that great.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Give me the info!

I get off work at 3, so if it's after that I can stop by for sure.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Unsafe At Any Speed

Both days start at about 8 and end around 4. Saturday night they're going to have a 944 exhibition thing at the I-25 Speedway as well.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I got the chance to see the car in person, and I'm pretty impressed. Although it has an all too typical GM interior, it's still really nice. And that LS6 sounds fucking heavenly. It wasn't too loud, but slightly louder than stock, and the crisp scream north of 3,000rpm was just perfect. The car also seemed to handle well, from what I could gather in a short drive. It was stiff, but not uncomfortably so, and felt much more stable and confidence-inspiring than the Fiero. BUt the Fiero would still win in teh twisties.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Unsafe At Any Speed

Thanks for the compliments on the car. Yours is pretty badass as well, despite the current body condition. I'll be back down that way next month to go to PPIR. I need to get some new tires though. Mine are pretty much trashed as Pueblo's track is rough. I'm thinking about just picking up a set of R-comps and throwing them on my spare rims. Considering how happy I've been with crappy All-Season 'performance' tires, that would be fun! Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend:

I moved up to HPDE3 by the end of the day Sunday, so that's cool. I'm still planning on hitting up one of the region's race schools as soon as the Talon is ready to go.

Oh yeah, Aaron, I ended up going into that track Saturday night. I wish I could've taken some pictures of the crowd. I haven't seen such a redneck spectacle in a long time. It was scary.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Here's a few more photos from the weekend courtesy of Blue Fox Imaging. I'm thinking about paying for the full res of the last shot.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Check out this stance: