Peer Mediator

Re: CTS-V

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Unsafe At Any Speed wrote:Check out this stance:
What color is this?
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

I think it's Stealth Blue or Thunder Grey.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Factory color? I may have to hit that up for The Mule... That car can use all the stealth it can get. Thunder works, too.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Yeah, one was on the 04-05 cars and the other on the 06-07 ones. It doesn't quite look the same as the HDR shot there though.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Yeah, that photo's been touched up in Photoshop. Looks good, though.
<Insert Sig Here>
Unsafe At Any Speed

The drop is real though. Looks badass, but I doubt I would ever be able to track the car again. :)
Unsafe At Any Speed

Figured I would throw a quick update up.

I just mounted my new tires. They're Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 245/45/18s. Ideally I wanted to get a set of R6s just for the track, but these were on closeout for only $99 each with a $60 mail in rebate. I've read good reviews on them as well. Not to mention, considering I've been pretty happy with the All-Season Goodyears I've had on there, these should be quite a nice upgrade. I guess I'll see tomorrow, as I'm headed down to Pikes Peak International Raceway this evening. I've corner worked this track, but never driven on it yet. It's a relatively easy track as it only has 6 turns, but should be a blast nonetheless. Not to mention it will be my first time in HPDE 3. There are going to be a lot of cars out there at a time as HPDE3/4 and TT are running their sessions together. Here's the entry list:
http://www.nasarockymountain.com/nasa_f ... php?t=3191

I'm currently in the middle of a oil/filter change to get ready for this weekend as well. Going again with Amsoil 0w30.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Cool picture from this weekend:
Unsafe At Any Speed

Never posted this up, but last month on the last track day of the year, I put a hole in a header. The alternator cable insulation burnt through and with a little electrical help, it 'cut' through the header primary. I haven't been able to get around to fixing it yet (damn inspections at work...).

Anyway, it's a ways off, but I think I'm going to get a 2011 CTS-V Coupe when I make Captain. People are putting down 600 rwhp with just a pulley, intake, headers and a tune. There's already a '09 V running 10.3s. Not to mention the 7:59 'ring time.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

LSA/LS9 shortblock + twin turbo = 800+ at the wheels.

Don't take the depreciation hit for a new car, especially one you're going to mod.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Oh yeah, I wouldn't. They come out next summer and I wouldn't pick up a used one until the following May.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

The depreciation on Caddies has always been abnormally bad too.

The new V IS available with a 6 speed right?
Unsafe At Any Speed

They're all 6 speeds... :D But yeah, it has a manual available. Even if it is slower than the auto, that's still what I want. Black on black, manual, Recaros, suede wheel/shifter.

They're going to debut the V coupe next month in Detroit. They have the regular Coupe in LA this week. I went to the LA Autoshow the last two years, but that's a different story as to why not this year... :(
Unsafe At Any Speed

jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

holy fuck that coupe is nice! Would be a hard choice between that and a C6 for me... I'd probably have to take the V..
Unsafe At Any Speed

Yes! I finally paid off the V a few days ago. I had been paying $1050 a month on it since I got promoted to pay it off quicker. That will be a nice extra chunk of change every month. Too bad I need to get a truck...
Unsafe At Any Speed

Unsafe At Any Speed wrote:Never posted this up, but last month on the last track day of the year, I put a hole in a header. The alternator cable insulation burnt through and with a little electrical help, it 'cut' through the header primary. I haven't been able to get around to fixing it yet (damn inspections at work...).
So I finally got some 'decent' weather and my work schedule to coordinate and got this fixed. Here's what happened:

And how I ghetto rigged it up at the track. I'm surprised I even managed to get this set-up on there being how tight it is in there, but I did and it got me home alright:

All patched up (seats are in great shape huh?:

I also replaced the section of cable that was burned up, wrapped it all with heat reflective tape and rerouted it a bit. I was going to just replace the whole cable until I found out that it cost near $200 and required dropping the transmission to replace it. Ouch!

So so nice to drive the car again for the first time in about three months! There's a little bit of snow on the ground now though and the summer performance tires don't seem to like that much though. Next on the agenda is to do another fluid replacement and a couple other little things to get her ready for summer and track as I won't have the Talon done in time.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I sold my GTO and will be picking up a V this spring. I think this car has a timeless look to it. Even though the new V looks great, so does this gen as well.

I want 4 doors, and the performance of the V is probably better than the GTO. Better brakes and probably suspension as well.

Sorry to copy you, but mine will be black on black as well :-D

I've been missing my CTS ever since my ex got it in the divorce. Upgrading to the V is what I always wanted to do. Current girlfriend drives stick so it's V time!
Unsafe At Any Speed

Good call on the V. This is a good time to pick one up. You can either get one with warranty still left or pick up a nicely modded one for a good price. Not to mention there's some good parts coming out soon. Offset trailing arms should be available soon finally! The stock rear arms are the limiting factor for wheel/tire width. With these arms, we should be able to run up to a 335 rear tire. :) Also, anti-wheel hop axles are now available and possibly a steel rear diff case soon as well.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I'm thinking $20-24k for a nice low mileage CTS-V and add a supercharger. I would like a nice driving 500-550hp V that will be reliable as a daily driver as well. I'll do supporting mods to get it to that power level, cam, exhaust, etc. Would make for a quick track car which I'm looking for. I'll likely sell my GTR this summer and build my LS1 RX-7 and supercharge the V.

I love LS engines, tons of power and reliable. I'm afraid to race my GTR with it's $10k engine... Don't want to break it.