Anyone in Central FL want to race?

Dragstrip, autocross, and all track posts go here.

Moderator: Series8217

MstangsBware

Post by MstangsBware »

Sounds like someone has alot of excuses not to go to the track. Maybe scared to see what the car really runs?
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

well i don't think i'm going to put my car back together to bring it out tonight. not only that, but i just now got to a computer. if you wanted to go give me a few hour heads up. either way i'm not afraid of you :P
my fiero is faster then yours. the end. except you fieroX :P
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

MstangsBware wrote:Sounds like someone has alot of excuses not to go to the track. Maybe scared to see what the car really runs?
Yea it probably runs 15's and I am just too scared like all the other sbc v8 guys who refuse to go to the track. Oh wait I will bust out the trusty ole v8 owners handbook on why not to race it. I bought this from an ebay auction of someone who bought a V8Archie kit. I guess it comes with it? Not sure. Umm lets see here. Oh yes page 74, paragraph 2. " I didn't build a drag car"

Didn't see a green supercharged mustang nor a 3800 fiero tonight. I was the only fiero out there.

Don't you live near/in orlando billy? How many hours notice do you need to drive right down the road?

Nothing happened till about 1:30. Tried getting a new ls3 c6 to line up to go three wide with a 402 or a 406 ci ls1. The vette is bone stock and he said he just ran it at the track and did 12.2 at 116. I missed the action on the vette and the ls1 as I wasn't expecting them to go at the time they did with a curve coming up in the road ahead so I didn't go on that one. Turned around and on the way back ran the 402/6 car. He got it on tape, not sure when or if we will ever see it. He goes by myws6 on streetfire. I am sure you can do a search for his movies to see what he has. He gave me the jump around 50 mph, I was in third gear, as he spins at a lower speed, Def not a good mph for me to start at, but he didn't come by me. He might have been at my rear qtr panel. My car was breaking up and shut off from boost cut around 5k rpm in 4th gear so I let out.

Hopefully he will post the vid within the next month or so. My details aren't great because I am hoping the vid tells all
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

the cobra is actually, gold, green, purple all rolled into one. it's called mystic. they made 1999 of them. you better hope you aren't lieing about the fuel slut crowd.

well earlier in this thread didn't you say i lived in/near ocala? they about about 2 hours from each other. i actually live dead smack in the middle. it takes me about a hour to get to either one. the corner has been dead lately. and with one of the head guys in the hospital there'll be even less out there.
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

well you were there. i'm impressed. can't find any real details yet. i think you raced a guy called myWS6.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Billybo455 wrote:well you were there. i'm impressed. can't find any real details yet. i think you raced a guy called myWS6.
What did I just say? Yes there weren't many people there. Why would I lie about being up there? Like its impossible to talk to people to see if I was there or not? And I did race myws6. His car is no slouch as you know. It wasn't a clean race like I said before but it appeared like he wanted to give me the jump so I took it. I asked afterwards about it and they were ok with it. Too much traffic so we didn't go higher. I shut it down around 105 or 110 or something.

thanks for playing.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Billybo455 wrote: well earlier in this thread didn't you say i lived in/near ocala? they about about 2 hours from each other. i actually live dead smack in the middle. it takes me about a hour to get to either one. the corner has been dead lately. and with one of the head guys in the hospital there'll be even less out there.
Ok so it takes you an hour or less to get to orlando. you posted at what 11? you obviously are familiar with fuelslut so you know what times things go down. So you knew you had time to bring it on down and you didn't. Thats cool. I thought you wanted to race someone in central florida based on the title of this thread.
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

yeah i'm familiar with them. the corner has been dead for a few weeks now. they said last night's turn out was the biggest in awhile. i still don't want to street race. i've got way to much at stake.

since about 7 weeks ago there's been 2 v8 fieros at the track with no excuses.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Billybo455 wrote:yeah i'm familiar with them. the corner has been dead for a few weeks now. they said last night's turn out was the biggest in awhile. i still don't want to street race. i've got way to much at stake.

since about 7 weeks ago there's been 2 v8 fieros at the track with no excuses.
Yea I can see you not wanting to run on the street. Your job could be at risk. LOL

Yea and one broke his tranny. What did the other one run?
Billybo455

Post by Billybo455 »

didnt watch.

not so much my job, but when you've gone to jail for it and weren't allowed to drive for a year i'm sure you'd think differently.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

well if you didnt' watch then who was it? Screenname? You didn't talk to the guy afterwads? you didn't talk to anyone afterwards who saw what the other v8 fiero run? Did I miss the post on Old Europe what it ran?
MstangsBware

Post by MstangsBware »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:
MstangsBware wrote:Sounds like someone has alot of excuses not to go to the track. Maybe scared to see what the car really runs?
Yea it probably runs 15's and I am just too scared like all the other sbc v8 guys who refuse to go to the track. Oh wait I will bust out the trusty ole v8 owners handbook on why not to race it. I bought this from an ebay auction of someone who bought a V8Archie kit. I guess it comes with it? Not sure. Umm lets see here. Oh yes page 74, paragraph 2. " I didn't build a drag car"
I was thinking your car will run a high 13 maybe mid 13 at its best. All the reading I have done is you racing from a roll and not a dig. You compare your car to theirs but that really proves nothing on what your car will run. Pick a date, get off work, meets some friends, get a few V-8 Fieros together and go to the track. See what your car will run, hopefully the V-8 Fieros do not stomp your ass and prove your car. If not then stop running off at the mouth about how fast your car is. Its that simple!!!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6485

There it is from a dig. First time we raced he jumped the start but I ran him down up top. Second race it was an even start and I got 2 cars out on him from the launch. I was up about 2.5 cars when I missed 4th gear trying to powershift and he came by me once I got it into gear. That was on the old setup. New setup is much faster.

Thats fine keep thinking my car runs mid to high 13's. I love being underestimated. But yea I can see me running 13's when I try to challenge cars that run low 12's. I know what my car can do. And yea it runs 13's alright! HAHAHa

Get some v8 fieros to go to the track? they would break at the starting line LOL

Hey mustang, are you saying billybo's supercharged mustang is slow since it only ran 13.3? Lets not forget he said he did 118mph. Is it slow?
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Here's a few threads on Billybo's car. He hasn't hid anything about his car and what he runs.

http://www.fiero.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/0 ... 90782.html

s3 long block, home ported heads, 2.9, st4 blower, xp cam, s2 intercooler, pace setters, n*tb, ls6maf, pacesetters, a small stall, 3.29 gears, shift kit, been spraying a 75 shot, wednesday it will be 125. if the car takes the 125 i have jets for a 180 i think i'll try. but i'm fairly sure it will blow after that.
[url]http://www.fiero.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/090782.html[url]
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair