Any saturn owners out there?

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

I_wear_pants

Any saturn owners out there?

Post by I_wear_pants »

I bought a 99 SL2 today. I might sound gay but I really like it so far. from what I have read they are great on gas, and since gas prices are going nowhere but up i figured it would be a good investment. Ive also heard they are really reliable. I guess I will see. Any body else out there drive a saturn?
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

befarrer bought a saturn not too long ago, says he likes it a lot. Strange 1.9L twin cam.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

My buddies wife has an SC2, seems to be good day to day transport. I've heard the 1.9L DOHC with the 5speed can be fun to drive, but I've never driven one.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

Yeah, I got a 92 SL2 Auto just over 1 month ago. Nice and smooth, and quite powerful for the size of the motor and being in a 4 door goes pretty good. Very little on the car is shared with the rest of GM, the only engine sensor that is used on another GM product is the MAP sensor. The entire drivetrain and chassis is saturn only. But they are not too bad to work on, I had to replace the head on this one, and it is easier to work on than my neon with the DOHC motor in it.

Here is mine:
lucky

Post by lucky »

i had a 96 sl1 that i beat the shit out of delivering pizzas and it rarely ever complained. the one thing that i had an issue with was the engine light kept coming on and saying "cam position error", but everyone at every parts store i went to at the time kept telling me no cam sensor on that car. i finally called saturn and got a tech on the phone who told me the crank sensor did double duty as a cam sensor, and that the wrong spark plugs could cause that code. I installed the base NGK plugs that he recommended @ $1.77 ea and had no further issues.
leppy_89

Post by leppy_89 »

I had a 95 SL1 and I loved it! Best car ever. Drove the ever living crap out of it for a year and a half, and I had to replace nothing. Not a thing went wrong with it until a lady plowed me at 40 in the rear while I was stopped. Great car for the money. Just all the rattling plastic panels on the inside drove me ape shit...
product1620

Post by product1620 »

My buddy has an sl2, they are good running cars, but if you get easily agrevated by unknown rattles inside, then stay away, lol.
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.