Who here has bought a house?

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

txf

Post by txf »

Oh my god! I can't believe that house isn't condemed of burned down. Guess you have two Eternal tripped breakers on top of that meaning shorted wiring too?

Fix that grap man! Fix it.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

My friend is in the process of buying that property. It's 5 acres ten minutes outside AC, about a block from the ocean with a two bedroom house.

The previous owner was slightly insane.

as evidenced by the rest of the pictures: http://www.howard.saturnet.net/sag/nade ... house.html

Those breakers are "angry."
txf wrote:Oh my god! I can't believe that house isn't condemed of burned down. Guess you have two Eternal tripped breakers on top of that meaning shorted wiring too?

Fix that grap man! Fix it.
txf

Post by txf »

House looks great! Lawn like shit. And electrical can be replaced. Otherwise Great house
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

At least you've got some cool shit to play with in your yard. Enough Mercs and Jags there to have one for each day of the month.
S&G rawks

Post by S&G rawks »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:At least you've got some cool shit to play with in your yard. Enough Mercs and Jags there to have one for each day of the month.
Howard,

I didn't even realize that you were taking pictures when you were over a few weeks ago.

Other Mike and I started on our V12 powered, inboard rear braked, lawn mower today. That ought to take care of the shitty yard in style.

My new kitchen went in this week, nice solid surface counters and an island with a Jennaire cooktop.

Oh and when we started there was nearly a car for every day of the year. It was really something. There were a bunch of corvettes including a '63 fuelie and a 67 427ci tri-power. The 69 big block camaro and Z/28 (with crossflow 302) went right away as a pair.
Last edited by S&G rawks on Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Hope you're getting top dollar for those...
S&G rawks

Post by S&G rawks »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Hope you're getting top dollar for those...
Honestly, the township is on us so hard to get rid of all of the cars that we've been pricing them to move. Any of the cars that were of real value like the afformentioned Chevrolets, the Porsche 356B, the Rolls Royces, and some of the more desirable Euro stuff, have been going to friends and we're not about to charge a friend top dollar for a car that needs a complete restoration. The 67 tri power went for $35k, with a $30k resto it will bring around $120k-130k since the NCRS crowd is so insane.

There was a '67 427 tripower complete from aircleaner to oilpan still sealed on a crate, that went for $10k, then was resold on ebay for $13k

For the most part however, we've been selling running Mercs and Jags to strangers for $500-$1500, just trying to get them out of here.

As a car guy it really hurts. Today I sent three 240Z's to the junkyard, where they'll be shreaded and used to build some bridge in China. It really hurt to do it, but they were just to far gone to do anything with. I'm sure some Datsan guy could have used some stainless trim or glass, maybe some engine parts, but by the end of the month I need to have every car on the property either indoors or registered and insured. Some of the cars really aren't worth it.

I have a surplus of Jags, so if you know anyone that wants a nearly free XJ6 or XJ12, i have about 50 to choose from from late 60's through mid 90's. Everything must go!! Unfortunatly the XJS's are all spoken for.

There are a ton of 2 door Mercs left too, It's going to hurt to scrap them too. I bet a N* swap in a CL Merc would be some fun.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

At least it entertained me. In the end, isn't that all that really counts.
S&G rawks wrote:It really hurt to do it, but they were just to far gone to do anything with. I'm sure some Datsan guy could have used some stainless trim or glass, maybe some engine parts
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

This thread kept alive by request