To build the ultimate 3.4 DOHC: Turbo DYNO NUMBERS

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Isn't it Australian? Look on the bottom of the board. :thumbleft:
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Lol it sure is... those damn aussie's

Have been looking on the bottom btw...

Anyone want to come finish my car for me? Harness is almost done... only like 5 more labeled splices to make and some tubing to fabricate...

:la:
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
1987 GT, lowered, KYB's, clutchnet 6 puck, G/A brakes
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I also lost motivation as I got near the end, and ran into problems of which I couldn't identify.

It's easy to see the turbo outlet, and the throttle body, and need to solve the problem of getting pipes between the two. It's very difficult, and depressing, to have a problem, and have no where it is or how to fix it.

But keep going, I need the competition!

You should be able to get a diagram from the Haltech website. If not, call them and talk to a technician.

Edit--Better yet, I guarantee you Ryan still has that picture, just not online he doesn't.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Got the picture...

It's going to mid July before this project gets done. My fabricator, the only guy that I know and trust enough to cut apart my intakemanifold and shorten the runners is on vacation and backed up till then. :(

In the mean time I'll get everything else done.
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

The Haltech is all the way wired. I hope that Matt Hawkins diagrams will work for it, I don't see why not his car runs great. Waiting on some information on a resistor that I think I am missing from the backside of the board and getting that one removed before I can fire it up.

Came up with what seems to be a better plan for the intercooler and charge piping routing. We'll see about that.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

What's the better plan for the routing?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Intercooler routing should turn out like this: http://www.fieroaddiction.com/SBCTa.html

I'm customizing the intake anyhow why not put the t-body over there and make a new dogbone and power steering pulley setup? Should take alot of clutter out of the engine bay.

Oh, and I got that 97 crate engine today :bootyshake:

Pictures later...
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Remember you have extremely limited room between the serpentine belt, and the frame rail on the passenger side. Not even enough for a 2" pipe on my engine. Plus, I at least have fuel lines, a wire loom, and battery cables all running between the belt and the frame. I doubt there will be room, but do try, as if there is room, that's a good solution!
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

I checked it out last night. Just have to remove the battery tray and then you can go straight up from there.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Ohhh I forgot about that, my battery is still in the stock location.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

I'm still here. Working slowly...

Got the stainless timing cover cut out sat. Going to be mounting an idler to the cover instead of using the c bracket for the power steering because I need that room for the throttle body. Took off the engine lift bracket. I' going to need a new dogbone setup like WCF does. Still haven't figured out details on that yet. Exhaust is in the works. The Haltech is still in need of some answers mainly from Haltech themselves. Grr...

This week is crunch time, hopefully I will be getting alot done!
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

so you are flipping the TB to the passenger side? makes sense for the charge pipe routing.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Yes I sure am. That way I can mount the intercooler under the car stealthmode like.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Turbo mount is done, crossover is getting close... minor shit getting figured out. I swear one of these days the car will run again!
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I want to see your turbo mount/crossover, pics?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

I will get some soon don't worry!
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Well my crossover is on hold till I get my donut bend. I'll get pics of it when its finished. Heard back from Haltech finally about the MIA resistor:

Hello Jeff,

The resistor identified in:

http://s56.photobucket.com/...iew¤t=R121.jpg

is a R121 and should be removed when used in conjunction with the GM module.

The resistor that is missing identified in:

http://s56.photobucket.com/...current=myboard2.jpg

as "MIA" is R116 and was never loaded from factory. Hope this will help you out with the installation.

So the "MIA" resistor is indeed not MIA. And like I already knew R121 needs to be removed... One HUGE step closer to getting my turbo project done.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Got a bend I needed for the exhaust today. Also recieved two maps for the Haltech... one mapped by Ben from 60degree. Would still be nice to get the maps from Matt so the turbo tuning would be closer and the injector size too.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Well it's been a long time since this thread was updated. I got my oil lines figured out and partially installed, except I still need to purchase the actual line for the drain. Timing cover/idler is done except the spindle for the idler. I need to wait to get the intake manifold back in order to figure out exactly where it needs to be placed. That should be back on tuesday or wednesday. Exhaust is still at a halt. I still need to make another dogbone. The engine is out of the car right now, so that should all be fairly easy to do excep

I decided to just have the car tuned professionally since I can't even get a good basemap. The wiring is practiacally 100% done, just need to lengthen a few wires for the Haltech sensors. I dont know what else to say for this update. I promise, before it all gets installed I will take some damn pictures!
FieroWanaBe1

Post by FieroWanaBe1 »

You had asked me about a place to purchase oil lines locally, I dont know if I told you but, Behling's on 125th and Silver Spring in Butler, WI will have stuff for oil lines, and maybe can even make it for you. It's a circle track shop. The guys there are real helpful and don't turn business away.
car.