crzyone's R32 GTR updates, parts and pics

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

crzyone wrote:
I weighed my car on the local truck scale today, 1480kg or about 3250lbs.
I weighed my car again today. My A/C system is removed which is really the only difference, and I had 1/2 tank of fuel which is a bit more than I had last time.

1460kg or 3212lbs. I can easily knock off a bunch more weight but I will soon start to sacrafice luxuries to do it.

New updates- Body kit is in Edmonton. Bee Racing R324 body kit. For those that have not checked my other thread, it's a body kit that makes my car look like an R34 GTR plus it's a widebody kit as well. It will replace the front bumper, hood, front fenders, side skirts, rear fenders and rear bumper. Basically the only parts of the car unchanged are the trunk and doors. I will even need a new wind considering mine will look a bit off on a widebody car.

Here is a picture of a R324

I think it looks really good, makes the car look a little more modern. The R32 is looking a bit dated. I will be picking it up on Monday and will take pictures then.

Only other update is new brake pads. Project U pads rated for 800*C, a semi race/street pad. I plan on taking my car to faster race tracks and wanted a pad that can put up with higher temps and hopefully not fade.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Great big update.

Donk and I traded cars. He is now driving my blue GTR and I will finish building his car and installing the body kit onto it.

I had an idea I ran past him 4 or 5 days ago about trading cars since it seemed like a shame to cut up a perfectly good GTR body. His car had previous body damage and my body kit just happens to cover that part of the rear fenfer area.

So he gets to keep some of his parts like his brand new ignition system, new seats and all the body parts I won't be using that are replaced by the kit.

So in the end it ends up being good for both of us.

Not sure if I will start a new thread or continue in this one.

I will update as I start to work on the new GTR.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

That's an awesome body kit. Sounds like the trade was a good idea. I'm looking forward to pics. You still going to have it painted in blue or no?
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I think I will keep it Silver for now, mostly to cut costs. Maybe in a few years I'll do a custom paint job on it. The main priority is getting it running, put the body kit on it over the winter and then tune for 91 octane. I hope to hit around 500whp. It will easily be a 10 second car when it's all said and done, and fairly reliable at that power level the way Donk built the motor and clutch.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Well, Donk came over with my previous GTR and we swapped some parts. We swapped rims and exhaust mainly, not exactly an easy job. I wish I had a 2 post lift.

Here is the car as it sits now

And here is the new body kit waiting to be installed

More updates and pictures as I start to finish this car.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

finish of the parts you bought? better worse then you expected?
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

They are ok, the front bumper and hood were damaged in shipping so they are going to send me some replacements. Guess that means I'll have a spare hood and bumper.

There will be a lot of body work involved but I expected that. It will be a winter project.

Here is a R324 build thread a guy did on the GTR forum. Same kit I bought. You can see the only hard part will be massaging the rear fenders to fit the over-fenders.
http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread.php?t=31545

He needs rims badly, and it looks really blah in black, can't see any body lines. The white one I posted looks 100x better.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I was bored so I mocked up my front bumper to the car just to get an idea of hor it will look. The front end will end up being quite a bit wider than the stock GTR.

Donk had the oil cooler mounted on the passenger side with oil lines that were quite long. I will move it back to the drivers side, I have tons of room behind the new bumper and those large ducts will be perfect for the oil cooler if I turn it on it's side.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, the way the sun hits my driveway makes it shitty for taking pictures in the garage.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

took off the fenders, just having more fun mocking up the body pannels. I'm thinking that black would make it look deadly.

CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

That body kit is sick, keep the pics coming
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

crzyone wrote:took off the fenders, just having more fun mocking up the body pannels. I'm thinking that black would make it look deadly.
I just started entertaining the idea of getting The Mule painted flat black.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

flat black looks cool. My car is 95% flat black. I think it looks pretty good. Otehr people have agreed. Just the rear bumper needs to be painted.

I don't think its a good look for a nice car like a skyline though.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Levi,
Call me when you have a chance. Been trying to get ahold of you. Found out why she was underboosting even with the restrictor pulled.
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

donk_316 wrote:Levi,
Call me when you have a chance. Been trying to get ahold of you. Found out why she was underboosting even with the restrictor pulled.
well post it up man - techincal info-am-good.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Straight from the horse's mouth
donk_316 wrote: Just about have the boost issues sorted out on the GTR. For some reason the wastegates had been disconnected and were running under their own spring pressure. Fitted the AEM tru boost and still had the same issue so then I went vaccuum line hunting. So far I have it running 13psi and I'm having spark blow out sooo gotta pull the spark plugs and close em up a bit. Otherwise everything is cool.

He has not said yet, but I bet the car will feel much quicker when he gets the spark issue worked out. Going from 9psi to 13 or 14 is going to make a big difference.

He had me worried that he found something majorly wrong lol... He knows the vaccuum system way better than I do having put his motor together outside the car.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

yeah that 50% increase in boost will be a big difference.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Update-

I removed the rear bumper, side skirts and spats from the car in preparation for the kit install.

I've decided to get the kit professionally installed and painted at the same time. On Wednesday I am hauling the car to Vancouver to have the work done by a guy that sells the kit and has installed them already.

Decided to go white on white, my wheels will be refinished with new stickers to look similar to this.

The blue ring around the wheels will be gone. I think it will look a lot cleaner.

I never posted this but I bought a set of R34 Xenon headlights. They are an expensive factory option for R34 GTRs. This is what they look like.

I will have more pictures and updates soon
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Found some better pictures of the kit

Mine will look very similar to this, but I will have the upgraded lights and Advan wheels instead

After seeing these pictures and actually having a sponsor now I'm almost tempted to get some vinyl

Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

It's going to look badass, man. Who's the sponser?

Also, is there a reason none of the 'vents' are cut out in any of the pictures? I've always thought that looked wierd on kits.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

My sponsor is MWracing. Same company that sells the kit in Canada and is JDM car importer.
http://www.vipimports.ca/home.html
Their website sucks. They are on GTRC and have more projects going than they can handle.

That guy did eventually cut out the vents